7 healthy reasons why we should all be eating more watermelon.
What are the health benefits of watermelon?
1. Watermelon is high in cancer-fighting lycopene: Watermelon can credit its gorgeous pink-red hue to the antioxidant lycopene. “Lycopene is an antioxidant and anti-cancer nutrient that can be consume raw and is bioavailable (useable by the body),” says Isabel Smith, MS, RD, CDN, the founder of Isabel Smith Nutrition. Of course, watermelon alone won’t safeguard your health, but the nutrient can play a helpful role as part of an overall healthy diet.
2. Watermelon is also high in vitamin C:
3. It’s a great pre-workout snack: “I like it because it’s a source of hydration and it’s lower in fiber, so it won’t make your tummy ache before exercise,” says Smith.
4. Watermelon helps with post-workout recovery, too: Carbs are getting a lot of hate these days, but after a workout, your muscles need to replenish their glycogen stores as part of proper recovery.
5. It could be good for your heart: It’s all thanks to lycopene—research shows that the phytonutrient can help keep arteries flexible, stymies the accumulation of artery-clogging plaque, and may even help reduce blood pressure. Considering heart disease is the number one killer of women, it’s always good to load up on heart-healthy foods.
6. It’s hydrating: It’s called watermelon for a reason.
7. It’s a great healthy dessert (if that’s your thing): Remember: Watermelon is relatively low in sugar compared to other fruits.
Did you get your nutrition from fruits and vegetables in yet? The Importance of a Healthy Diet.
The best way to for you to reduce your risk of disease is to eat right and healthy. The right fuel in your body makes it run better. Fruits and vegetables are two very key food groups that are known to contribute to better health. Juice Plus puts more of the valuable nutrition from fruits and vegetables back into your diet to improve health and wellness. Give yourself a better diet and a healthier lifestyle. Try Juice Plus today, you won’t regret it!
Ok, 1 hour later!!! My skin is not perfect by an means, but for 51 going on 52, not too bad. It seemed like it temporarily tightened up the skin a bit under the chin and the jowls. Will it last, probably not, but I did repack the mask because they say you can use it a few times. It felt cool and calming, no bad reactions and it does moisturize and it is suppose to repair cell regeneration. So, I think it is like any of these face masks that you can buy. Not a waste of money, I do like it and will use it again! #successful #itsgood #worthatry #tryitout