Doesn’t look pretty but this lasagna recipe is to die for.
LASAGNA (adapted from @taste_team
Feeds 2-3 pax
Part 1: Mince
500 gm minced meat
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup tomato puree
1 carrot, finely chopped
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
3 small garlic, crushed
1. Heat 2 -3 tbspn of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onions & carrots til soft.
2. Increase heat & add in minced meat. Cook til brown.
3. Add in canned tomatoes + tomato purée.
4. Bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer for 30 mins - let the sauce thicken. Remove from heat & season with salt + pepper. In the meantime you can prepare the bechamel.
Part 2: Bechamel
1 cup milk
1/4 stick butter (around 60 gms)
1/3 cup plain/ wheat flour
Half onion, roughly chopped
4 Peppercorn (subbed w/ black pepper)
Clove (x add)
Bay leave (x add)
Parsley stalks (x add)
1. Add milk, clove, bag leave + onion to a saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
2. Remove from heat & let the ingredients infuse for at least 15 mins. Then strain milk into a jug & discard solids.
3. Melt butter in a new saucepan over medium heat. Once it foams, add in the flour & stir til smooth.
4. Remove from heat & add half the cup of the strained milk, whisk ingredients til smooth. Then add the remaining milk & whisk til smooth.
5. Add the saucepan back to the fire & stir constantly w/ a wooden spoon til sauce thickens & coats back of spoon. Remove from heat, add in Parmesan cheese, salt, white pepper, nutmeg + stir.
Part 3: Put it together
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2. Coat ovenproof dish with oil.
3. Layer bottom of dish w/ bechamel sauce. Add instant lasagna sheets, layer w/ mince.
4. Repeat steps by adding bechamel, then lasagna sheets, then mince. Make sure to cover the lasagna sheets with mince so it cooks properly.
5. The final layer should be a layer of bechamel + topped w/ cheese (Parmesan + Mozzarella).
6. Cook in oven for 40 mins uncovered. Once fin cooking, take out from oven & leave to cool for 10 mins before serving. #jujuskitchen