Frankie Friday!! Woohoo!! Frankie is a popular Indian street food, it’s a wrap stuffed with a curried filling thats finished with condiments.
This roll was discovered by a Mr.Tibb, influenced by a Lebanese style roll he once tried. So well popularised and enjoyed by most, this street food no matter where, started being called and sold as a Frankie. Soon this beauty was trademarked, because of which, no one except the brand itself could call their version of the roll a Frankie! Interesting isn’t it?! What I’ve made today is a Frankie but not a Frankie cause I can’t call it one 😂😂
1. Boiled some boneless chicken in salted water and shredded fine.
2. In some oil fried an onion till pink, to it added some crushed ginger and garlic. Fried till it no longer smelled raw and added some turmeric, chilli powder, kitchen king, salt and chicken curry masala.
3. Fried a few minutes & added some chopped tomatoes. Once pulpy added the shredded chicken & a bit of the stock and simmered till it all came together.
4. To assemble the Frankie, I used store bought wraps, fried both sides applying few drops of oil. On one side smeared a beaten egg, flipped and cooked till well done.
5. Moved the wrap to a plate, egg side facing up. Spread some chopped onions in the centre from one end to the other & topped with the chicken curry. Then sprinkled some amchur/ dry mango powder, chopped green chillies and a bit of vinegar to add that zing. Rolled and chomped while still hot!
#streetfood #frankie #tibbsfrankie #frommykitchen #itsnotafrankie #kathiroll #wrap #healthyfood #sgfoodblogger #instagood #foodporn #instaeat #dinner #eats #nomnom #indianfood #desifood #foodie #weekendvibes #eats #chicken #chickenwrap #homemade #thekitchn #homecook