My first days in Thailand (in the super crowded & vibrant metropolitan Bangkok) have been such an interesting, surprising, and amazing ride 😍🇹🇭 First of all: I have never seen so many small food trucks on the streets as in Bangkok 😱 Literally, on every corner you find someone live cooking a delicious Thai dish mostly with a lot of spices, meats, and fish 🐟
The best thing: if you visit the local places, you can already have a serving for only 1 euro! 🙌🏼 So after doing my research as a keto lover these days, these are the 5 most striking food habits / products / things happening here in Bangkok!
1. The food markets are incredible & chaotic at the same time. You actually find a lot of super interesting products for keto lovers such as local spice mixes, exotic vegetables, dried fishes & meat. The amazing smell of everything makes you wanna eat all day 🙊 Oh, they also eat almost everything from an animal, see my fish dish on picture 4 😶
2. Although these fresh food markets, Thai have a very sweet tooth 🍭 Literally, almost all packed products contain added sugars. And in your coffee, they just put it when you don’t specifically ask for a coffee without. Therefore, it is quite a challenge to do your keto groceries and dine out, especially when you don’t know the language at all. Luckily thanks to @thailand.keto.guide
, I now know how to say I don’t want sugar 🙆🏼♀️
3. I went to @ketoconnectcafe
which serves different keto cakes, dishes, and bullet proof coffees (📸6). It was so nice talking to owner Yaya, and the white chocolate cake was absolutely delicious😍
4. Coincidentally, I came across a health event where @darrennnliu
spoke about his personal experiences with keto💪🏻 It was super interesting, and motivating to meet more like-minded people!
5. I have also visited a small keto shop (last picture), called @ketofriendlyth.
Besides keto products, they also sell different keto meals 😃
In conclusion: it is quite a challenge to eat keto in Thailand, but it’s definitely possible! 🤗 But now, it is time for a non-keto local beer since it’s also important to try other local things 🍻
#lotsofketo #ketotravel #ketotrip #ketoonthego #ketothailand #ketoinasia