Thought I would share with you guys the apps I use that have helped me on this journey. ——————
Fitbit: I love tracking my exercises, heart rate, and sleep. I have had a Fitbit for many years and I would chose any other fitness tracker. I currently use the Fitbit Versa because I like the smart watch capabilities. ——
• Carb Manager: this helps me track my macros accurately and even helped calculate them. I love love love this app. I paid the price for premium and am able to creat meal plans, recipes, and get suggestions for awesome food. ———
• Flex Timer: great stand alone app or you can buy the timer too. I use this when I do my HITT cardio. You can’t customize your rest/active time or use the pre-sets. It will even count it down for you. ——
• C25K (Couch to 5k) this is the app I use to help train for the marathon. It’s realistic and easy to use. Also you only have to train 3 days a week. It’s 8 weeks and they say you will be ready to go. —-
Honorable mentions: pandora, YouTube, Apple health
#myapps #lowcarb #lowcarbdiet #beginnerketo #beginnerfitness #ketofollowers
Another workday lunch, another snack plate lunch.
Wie in einigen Haushalten, ist es auch bei uns so, dass ich Leber immer allein essen muss: deshalb gibt's bei mir heute Teil 2: in der dubbellugganischen Ketoküche gab's diese heute in der Version eines leckeren Leberragout: bei mir gab es heute ein fruchtiges Grapefruit-Kokoscreme-Leberragout mit folgenden Zutaten pro Portion: 100 g Rinderleber in Würfel geschnitten, 100 g Kokosmilch, 1 Knoblauchzehe (10 g), 18 g Pistazienöl, 25 g Kokosöl (aktuell von @drgoerg
), 50 g Grapefruit, 25 g Gouda und 15 g Cashewkerne. Dazu habe ich mir noch paar Selleriepommes dazu genacht. Meine Nährwerte für heute waren pro Portion (ohne Pommes): 835 kcal, 6 g Ballaststoffe, nur 18 g Kohlenhydrate, 28 g Eiweiß und leckere 72 g Fett. Der Herr Skaldeman ist auch ganz zufrieden und vergibt dafür heute 1,8 Ratiopunkte.
, #lchfrezepte #trackingmacros
Haven't really eaten yet today, but I'm also not hungry. I'm getting there, so I'm planning lunch, but I'm really trying not to eat unless I actually feel hungry. I had some bpc this morning which made me super full. I have a headache (did yesterday too) which I'm attributing to low electrolytes, so this is pink Himalayan salt with some crystal light in water. Doesn't taste bad at all, and it made my headache go away yesterday. Headache may improve when I eat as well. -side note, it's taken me so long to post this #ihavetoreaditfiftytimesfirst
and I've been sipping on my drink the whole time and my headache is already better. .
I am down 5.4lbs since Monday, I had a lot more energy today and yesterday than I've been having. Went for a walk today with the dog (who is now napping because she's apparently as out of shape as I am 😂). Today is a good day so far. Picture of my lazy dog, my cute kid who is having a pajamas and Pokemon kind of day, and dinner from a couple nights ago that was amazing. Please don't judge my back patio 😂 I feel like it's like a page out of one of those I Spy books right now.
#ketowoe #keto #ketoflu #ketodiet #ketomeal #ketodog #notreallysheeatseverything #electrolytes #thedogsfacethough #autismmom #bestfriends
Simple meal ideas: 😎😋😋
* Chicken nuggets with mayo n bbq dipping
* Omelette * Spinach soup
As always...amazingly delicious!!!👍
Lunch today!! Thanks to @hubbyandwifetryketo
for the idea!!! Spaghetti sauce with a side of broccoli because your girl needs some veggies in her life!! #ketomeal
scrambles eggs with onion and tomato. Doesn’t look pretty but..
I feel like it’s a keto staple and every time I buy them planning to use them, I forget and they go bad lol
Day 1/30: turkey bacon for breakfast and I have a few more slices bagged up for lunch/dinner later since I'll be at work all day. 🥓I ate/drank a lot of shit yesterday as a "final meal" so I'm anticipating to drop at least 4 lbs of bloat in the next few days.
So I'm going to do my first Friday Introduction, really because I love reading more about people that I follow here too! It's so interesting to really learn where people have come from. So here are a few things about me...
1. I had a long and hard journey to motherhood. I always thought I wanted 3-4 children but it didn't work out that way. My 6 year old twins were born after my 3rd IVF attempt and months of pregnancy saving tactics. It was a struggle to get here but I can now say that I am grateful for the journey.
2. I eat a ketogenic diet. Don't judge me! LOL! Part of my fertility journey included a diagnosis of PCOS in my early 20's and I was told most of my adult life that I needed to cut sugar out of diet. I had no idea what that even meant, what food has no sugar? So at my worst I was drinking coke and eating m&m's every day as my main food source. I then found keto and haven't looked back.
3. I am the worst procrastinator in the history of procrastination. I will put off any task until tomorrow and justify it so easily. It's so painful. But I am learning to be patient with myself as I work through it. The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins helped me see procrastination in a new way and now I never hit the snooze button! I am a constant work in progress.
#keto #ketogenicdiet #ketoaf #ketoforlife #coffee #oklahoma #ketosis #ketomeal #ketobreakfast #fat #thegoodfat #sugarfree #inspiration #motivation #ketolifestyle #lchf #infertility #pcos #motherhood #mother #twins #twinmom #momoftwins #ivf #invitro #fertilityjourney #twinstagram #childhoodunplugged #letthembelittle #mytinymoments
Friday introduction! Hi guys, here I am in all my bathing suit glory (last week in Santa Barbara)! I have so many new followers and I just wanted to give you all a little glimpse into what I think under the surface of my Instagram squares. I love sharing my food with you but I think sharing my mindset can also be helpful so that you can see where I am coming from. Here I go:
1) I do keto my way and don’t believe or participate in keto dogma. I use the phrase “I’m keto” because it is something that most people understand but there are foods I eat that might not be included in your diet and there might be food that you eat that I don’t include in my diet. Bottom line: I eat to feel my best. I don’t chase ketones or a number on the scale but, if you need to do these things, that's fine too. We are all on different paths and I am not here to judge ANYONE.
2) I am definitely an advocate for keto being as non restrictive as possible. I believe if we go about it this way, we are more likely to stick with it and not feel that we are on a diet.
With that being said “restriction” is subjective! What one person sees as restricted might not be for someone else. I don’t judge food choices, I watch people’s actions around their food.
3) Last, food is not the end all be all. I focus on food here because this is a keto food page/“blog”. I think obsessing about the food we put in our bodies, no matter how healthy our diet is, is an unhealthy way to live.
I have kids, a husband, and a business, I do have a life outside of food...we all should. The bubble of Instagram is fun but remember that it IS in fact a bubble.
Picked up this today at the store to try, I usually don’t go with sucralose, corn ingredients, etc but I’m being a dirty little keto girl this morning.. it’s pretty good! 🤷🏼♀️ anyone try this or others like this?
Todays Keto Meal: Leftover Hamburger Stroganoff Salad.
Earlier in the week I sauteed hamburger in gee with a shallot, Braggs 24 herbs seasoning, s&p, turmeric powder, garlic powder, onion powder. When browned added sour cream, heavy cream, fresh basil and parsley to make sauce. I reheated the leftovers and put it on top of chopped romaine lettuce and garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, a dollop of sour cream and peanut sesame dressing.
I also had a side of a selection pickled veggies to help rebuild my digestion: daikon, ginger, green olives, plums, cucumber.
Everything made from scratch by me 🤗. Went Keto 5/13/18 and I am ❤ing the Keto lifestyle! Simple to follow and i feel so much better eating clean! Follow me for Keto recipes i try and like, fails i encounter to avoid, and to share in my Keto journey 😃