Imagine a country using a fabric of cloth to start a freedom movement?? Well, Indians made that possible.
The khadi movement that was initiated by Mahatma Gandhi not only promoted rural self-employment and reduced dependency on unfair trade but was a masterstroke against the British Raj. However, over the years, there has been a decline in the number of khadi products being bought and sold. Khadi has numerous benefits and positive effects-
1) Comfort- It can be worn in both, summer and winter. It's warm in the winters and cool in the summers.
2) Good Quality- Unlike most fabrics which are used for daily apparel which cause irritation and allergies, Khadi has been known to suit all skin types and is regarded as a light and soft fabric.
3) Durability- Khadi products are highly durable and long-lasting, and reduces the amount you would spend on clothes.
4) Unique appeal- Khadi dyes and weaves are made by hand. Each khadi product is different and has a very peculiar style and finish.
5) Maximum air permeation- The loom used in the making of khadi combines the threads in such a way that allows maximum air to permeate, which is very soothing, especially in summers.
6) Eco-Friendly - The manufacturing does not rely on electricity units and most modern forms manufacturing methods.
7) Provides employment- To people who spin and weave the cloth and more importantly puts food on plates of farmers.
8) Preserving Heritage and History- Wearing Khaadi links us back to the period of Indian freedom struggle and wearing it will always re-instill the values of independence and patriotism.
How do you feel about Khaadi clothing? Kindly comment below.
#khadi #khaadi #khadiclothing #khadifabric #charkha #spinningwheel #mahatmagandhi #narendramodi #independence #britishraj #patriotism #cotton