The first two days were quite humid but today the cave was full of wind and hope (and rain) 🐳
When it comes to asking for help do you struggle? I know that before diving into Brene’ Brown I internally felt weak when asking for help, but was really good at offering it! Make sure to ask for help when you need it, you may be surprised at what the universe opens up for you!!
What a fantastic day with this group last week.
I can't believe one month is already over. It doesn't feel like it at all, but at the same time it feels like much more. You can say I kinda feel home now. Everything is going in routine, though teaching is still new. We only have been teaching alone this week. But the kids are sunshine and behave most of the time. Although you have your normal troublemakers and noisy ones, but we're dealing with them somehow.
We got to know the country a bit and I'm just in love with it! We've been to Phnom Penh and Kampot and both places were breathtaking.
And now a bit about the pictures:
1) It is the school I'm volunteering at from above. You can see the skatepark and there is also a swimming pool at the back.
2) 'My corner' in the room the six of us share. You can also see my savior of the night the mosquito net. It feels like more privacy than I thought we'd have.
3) It's me at the near temple. It was so beautiful!
4) An abandoned catholic church in the Bokor National Park in Kampot. It looked so scary! Though the whole park was gorgeous.
5) The amazing group of people I'm sharing this year with! At a waterfall in the National Park.
6) Kayaking at the Green House in Kampot. The scenery looked stunning, also the water wasn't that cold, so it was nice to stuck our feet in.
7) At the same place we also had an amazing view for the sunset! This was the moment I realized that I want to get to know Cambodia as much as possible.
8) The rice fields around Kampot looked so vibrant, you would think it's photoshopped if you weren't there.
9) The result of the Art and Craft class with class 1.2. Look at all the colorful cows. I love the subject it's just a hassle to tidy up with the kids.
I'm so excited for the coming 11 months and all the memories we'll make. I can't wait to learn and see more about the country and culture we're living in. At the moment we're attending a Khmer Dance Class one of the nursery teachers is holding and it's such fun! Tomorrow we'll also go on a teacher trip. My excitement is overflowing! Much love to all who support me and share my journey!
7th September 2018 11:18 pm
#livingtheadventure #cambodia #volunteer
Are my fingers ready for tomorrow? Let's see 😊 pic: @bjornpohl
I love this plaza. It's right by my apartment and had a beautiful and relaxing fountain and a small outdoor cafe (and also a putting green lol). It's a great place to go and just be when I need to get it of my apartment for a little bit. Plus the coffee is pretty good 😊
#LAFSC #livingtheadventure #AmateurPhotography