The dessert series.
1) Coconut sorbet & liquorice meringue
2) Toasted white chocolate, sudachi snow & powder
3) Frangipane tart w/pineapple, konbu cream
I've never liked liquorice - still don't. Surely I'm not alone here? Just because I'm Chinese doesn't mean I like Chinese medicine :P. So it's an achievement when chefs get me to appreciate it. Of course, I did have to be careful not to eat the liquorice mousse by itself...
(2) has been a stalwart on LuMi's menu for some time. When it goes, I'll be sure to miss the sudachi snow's palate-cleansing, backed up by the buttery sweetness of white chocolate. Good things can't last forever.
(3) is a new addition to the menu, this almost too-pretty-to-eat tart is one of the rare sweets which, in combining konbu and frangipane, marries cultures as well as flavours. Sweet, savoury, Italian, Japanese. Nice. #ISHLuMi