Vitamin D, the most underrated "vitamin" on the planet.
• It has been used to boost athletic performance since 1927.
• Fitness experts recommend supplementing with 1,000 to 5,000 IU per day.
1 IU of vitamin D is equivalent to 0.025 micrograms.
• The majority of athletes (like the majority of the general population) are deficient in vitamin D.
• Treating this deficiency can help you prevent stress fractures as well as maintain a healthy vitality.
This also happens to improve your reaction time, muscle strength, speed and endurance.
• Adding vitamin D to a reduced-calorie diet leads to better and faster weight loss.
• It has also been shown to act directly on muscles to increase protein synthesis.
The addition of Vitamin D to insulin and leucine significantly enhances the activity of the mTOR pathway and protein synthesis.
• The trend is clear: vitamin D is important. And if you think you're getting enough of it from natural foods, fortified foods, and sunlight, then think again..
• There aren't that many foods in nature containing high amounts of it.
The best source is halibut liver oil, followed by cod liver oil, salmon, tuna, and mackerel.
Beef liver, cheese, and egg yolks contain a smidge.
• Those who wish to maximize the benefits of a higher vitamin D intake wouldn't be able to get enough through food sources alone.
• Get some sun when you can, but don't burn.
Moderate use of solarium can help too, but of course there's that whole skin cancer thing to consider.
Sunlight that comes through glass doesn't count. Most UVB radiation doesn't penetrate glass.
• It's wise to ensure adequate calcium intake when increasing your intake of vitamin D.
• It's time to start "doping" with vitamin D.
• Yamamoto® Nutrition RawTOP is a high quality multi-vitamin & multi-mineral supplement containing 21 ingredients, including 25mcg Vitamin D.
• Yamamoto® Nutrition Vitamin D3, containing 25mcg of Vitamin D.
#yamamotonutrition #iafstore #madeinitaly #teamyamamoto #teamstones #energy1999 #maxximumshop #bodybuilding #bodybuilder #shredded #ripped #vitamind #inkedmuscle #muscles #veinspoppin #quads #sunbathe #nutrition #sunyday #cleanbulk #quality #fitnessfreak #gains