When you see an opprotunity to knock something off your ever growing bucket list finally with no road dawg. No sweat, let the very first "intentional" solo trip begin!
Booked an air b&b, the host and her family were amazing and made me feel part of the gang. The few art galleries I saw were ok... never seen so many blown glass pieces before in my life. Made a friend at the outlet mall that use you live in Charlotte. The Biltmore was amazing. Here are some interesting thoughts and facts.
1. Did you know before the 70s if someone fell into the wine they just fished the person out and kept producing? Some of y'all had human DNA in that wine glass. 🤢😷 2. If bugs are caught in the mix they get grinded up too. So you either have bug protein or egg protein (used to filter out the bug stuff) in your wine. No vegan wines exist. If it says unrefined or something along that nature, you sir or ma'am are enjoying bug protien... Hakuna Matata!
3. The decor and attention to detail in this home is stunning...I mean seriously! My phone couldn't keep up with the snaps I was trying trying capture.
4. The story of legacy with this family was interesting. It made me think of my own family and what gets passed down. The things I wanted from my grandmother that are supposedly misplaced or lost... And how we as African Americans often times don't have this legacy story on this level, which made me a little sad.
5. Ok, the family is great but y'all really gonna share the history of this amazing estate like slaves didn't work, live and die on these grounds... aight b. 🤔👌🏽😒 Oh yea, there was a server named Essie mentioned and an unnamed African American worker but that's it. Some guy got excited about the servant living quarters... I to catch myself before the side eye kicked in. Lol. No seriously.
6. The tour was so long I started to wonder when I was gonna get to the end, lol! There's an indoor pool, bowling alley, the book collection was stunning and a Halloween room that has nothing to do with Halloween. And the lights info some rooms were lit like the original 15 watt bulb from Ben Franklin... I'm glad I was born in the 1980s, that's all I gotta say on that.
Sis we will never let you go.....😖 Oftentimes I wonder will this hole on my heart ever heal. No one prepared or taught us how to live without one another.
Living without you, after 30 short years seems so unfair, unjust, and completely unbelievable.
So now we must lean not to our own logic and understanding.
Sis I will be 90 years old, still celebrating you daily. You meant more than your death. May you live forever.
The Process! Silk Press + Signature Curls. To book an appointment visit www.SweetCurls.com (link in bio). Website shows ALL available appointments (including cancellations). If the time is not showing it means it is not available!
The perfect Silk Press begins with the right products. Purchase the Blow Out bundle at SweetCurlsBoutique.com