Today is a bit of a struggle for me.
All the children woke me up at different times during the night. So I’m more sleep deprived than usual. Maybe I’ll take a nap this afternoon.
Wyatt’s eczema is hurting him this morning. He’s crying and scratching and crying from scratching.
And this is the morning I go off to clean house for an acquaintance.
But the day isn’t over. I’m choosing to have a optimistic attitude. Because a DRA(dirty rotten attitude-my mama’s quote) won’t fix anything and tends to only make things worse.
Praying for a positive outlook no matter the woes of the day.
Happy Hump Day!
The burpees really wore him out today.
36 week appointment today! Baby girl is moving right along. Finally setting in that I need to get crap done. Need a bag packed and car seat installed just to name the top 2 pressing needs. She’s gonna be here before we know it! They’re taking her in 3 weeks if she doesn’t decide to come earlier! And I have a sneaking suspicion she’s gonna wanna join us sooner rather than later. So here’s your weekly dose of baby bump. I’m feeling - ok - just winded when I do anything. Struggle to get up and down the stairs. Just had to sit down for 10 minutes after a shower and getting ready. And I run in to this belly with everything! Here goes the home stretch! #36weeks #babygirlhudson #needanap #sotired
Anyone want to give this a try and report back?
Naps are always a hot topic.
SLEEP TIP // If your baby wakes up screaming and crying there are likely 3 things going on:
1) Yup, your baby is still tired. A fussy and crying baby is showing us that naptime was too short and baby still needs some more sleep. This is where we need to encourage a longer nap and help baby work on the skill of consolidating their nap by transitioning into their next sleep cycle. Which ties into the next issue:
2) They don’t have the skill of falling back to sleep on their own figured out yet. Picture it – how your baby falls asleep at bedtime or at naptime is how your baby will need to fall asleep when they wakeup after one sleep cycle. If you’re doing it for them you are going to have to keep doing so. A natural sleep cycle is only 30-45 minutes for a baby and while you may think your baby only needs 30-40 minutes of naps throughout the day, they are likely waking after that amount of time and unable to transition into the next sleep cycle on their own. This is such a common sleep struggle and naps take time to lengthen out.
3) If you feel like your baby is napping well throughout the day and sleeping through the night but is still waking grouchy and crying you may just just have a little bear on hand. A cute adorbale little grouchy bear. It can happen. Every kid is different.
You’ll find more sleep tips on our website (link in the bio!)
#babysleep #newborn #newbaby #littlebaby #bettersleep #sleep #sleeptips #goodnightsleeptips #grumpybaby #wakingup #moresleep #sleepy #naptime #naps #needanap #momlife #dadlife #motherhoodrocks #mommylife #mothering #babylife #familysleep #familytime #momanddad #happybaby #mom #dad
| Daycare Naps | I work with many families whose littles are in daycares, In Home daycares and nanny shares and with a bit of planning those naps at daycare can be just as good.
1. Ask to have your child put in the "quietest and darkest" part of the room. It is never perfectly quiet or dark but asking to be put the crib or nap mat furthest away from the door where people are coming in and out of will help with the light and noise from the hallway.
2. Replicate routine/familiarity: Bring your child's sleep sack that they use at home to daycare and if they are old enough for lovey/blanket bring that to school for sleep so it is a cue for sleep.
3. If your daycare will let you bring a small portable noise machine that would be optimal as it cuts down on the overall hustle/bustle of the room.
Many daycares are very open and eager on getting direction/guidance on the best way to help your child as it helps them help your little one get the rest they need 😴
When you’re like 🤷♀️🤷♀️🤷♀️...what just HAPPENED????
Feeling beyond BLESSED and THANKFUL today that I was able to get up early (always with my Lily 😆😆) and crush this workout today!👊👊👊
It truly brings me SO much JOY to be able to get in the best shape of my life from the comfort of my own home!🙌🙌🙌 The stress of the gym just isn’t for me...
What if I forget my bag?
What if it takes too long to get there and I don’t have much time?
What if my girls get sick in the childcare?
What if all the machines are taken?
What do I even do when I get there??
The treadmill??? Boredom!!!
The elliptical???? Ugh!!!!
No joke these were all my thoughts daily as I would go to the gym....hence why we cancelled our membership when Lily was only a few months old!!
Don’t worry, I’ll just run outside or workout at home...😆😆😂😂
Little did I realize that I CANNOT stay motivated myself...and man I have NO IDEA what workouts to do on YouTube! (I’d literally spend 30 minutes trying to find one I’d like🤷♀️🤷♀️🤷♀️)
Well, after YEARS of STRUGGLING!!!
I gave this CRAZY system a try, I mean what else did I have to lose???
Needless to say, I’m 2 years in and still LOVING EVERY BIT OF IT!!🙌🙌
Yes, it has changed my life and guess what???
I KNOW IT CAN CHANGE YOURS TOO!!!
All you have to do is give it a try!!
✨READY FOR CHANGE??✨
Click the link in my bio👆.
Exhausted but happy 🙃
Over the past 9 days, I've had 13 auditions, 2 classes, 1 session as a reader, performed 20 different scenes all up, and I booked my first 2 roles for 2019! #feelinggood #needanap