What is Valentine's Day if not an excuse to eat lots of cute chocolate? We're hosting a vegan market with @labelvevents
on February 9th, where we're gonna eat sweets, ooh and ahh some jewelry, bask in amazing candle smells, feel the softest shirts ever, and get our crystal vibes on. @chocolatecalling
is joining us and I hope you can, too! Link in @labelvevents
bio for our FREE market at @theasburyhotel
Making Valentine's Day nonpareils today. All natural coloring. Organic, fair-trade chocolate. Always vegan. Love at first bite!
Let’s talk about time. Chances are you work 40+ hours per week. Maybe you have a family on top of your job or you’re like me: a student in addition to full-time work. Juggling many responsibilities, you likely don’t want to spend much of your minimal free time cooking. This gluten-free spicy chicken quinoa enchilada crock recipe is perfect for anyone with limited time to cook; I threw everything in a crockpot yesterday morning, cleaned the apartment, ran my errands, and then came home to a meal hot and ready to eat! The recipe below makes a large batch, so you will have plenty of leftovers to eat for the next few days or to freeze for the future. Give it a shot, I doubt you’ll be disappointed. TIP: exclude the shishito peppers and jalapeños if you prefer a mild recipe.
-2 lbs organic chicken breasts - 1 medium onion - 2 10oz cans of enchilada sauce - 2 cups tricolor quinoa - 32 oz organic reduced sodium chicken or bone broth - 1 14.5 oz can of organic no sodium added diced tomatoes - 1 14.5 oz can of organic low sodium black beans - 2 cups frozen corn - 5 shishito peppers sliced (if you like spicy!) - 2 jalapeños sliced (if you like spicy!) - garlic, sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper to taste
-cook the chicken through in the broth and enchilada sauce
-then add the rest of the ingredients for about 30-45 minutes or until the quinoa appears cooked (it’ll look inflated, almost how popcorn expands from the kernel upon cooking)
#dietetics #nutrition #healthyfood #healthy #healthyrecipes #dieteticsstudent #student #dpd #rd2b #rd2be #registereddietitian #registereddietitiannutritionist #rd #rdn #rutgers #newjersey #nj #healthydinnerideas #healthylunch #mealprep #glutenfree #mexicanfood #balance #eatgoodfood
Can I just list the million and a half reasons why I adore first looks?! If you’re on the fence about it or don’t know what the perks are, here ya go:
1. On a day where you will likely get very little alone time, you’ll get to share an intimate, private (aside from this little ninja photog) moment together. Just the two of you.
2. Your timeline is 100000% easier and less stressful! You’ll be able to get your bride and groom portraits, bridal party portraits, and sometimes even family photos DONE before the ceremony!
3. Having all of your portraits finished before means you get to actually enjoy your cocktail hour! You spend so much money on this food, and it breaks my heart when my couples don’t even get to see any of it, let alone eat it!
4. Contrary to popular belief, it actually won’t take away from the moment you walk down the aisle. I totally get wanting to stick to tradition and having that moment when you first walk down the aisle, but I’ve found that it is still so special, because you’re freaking getting married! None of your guests have seen you or know that you did your first look! It’s still a WOW moment for everyone in the room, especially that cutie at the end of the aisle wiping away their tears!
5. My girl, Brit, says it best, “All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus!” Most brides are *hoping* to get that classic reaction of their fiancé teary-eyed as you walk down the aisle. BUT, sometimes all eyes on them makes them more nervous to show emotion. First looks allow for a much more relaxed moment to show genuine, heartfelt emotions! If your love is a cryer, they’re going to cry regardless. How could they not?! They’re about to marry you!
6. MORE PICTURES!!! Couples who do a first look have so much more time to snag plenty of amazing portraits during the day from before the ceremony to sneaking away for some sunset and night portraits!
Okay, I could go on forever! I think I have a crush on first looks. Take a look at the adorable moment Steven and Kristin saw each other for the first time on their big day and just a few of the manyyy portraits we got after! My heart is exploding!!!