What’s up Internet Lifters! Some of you like to call this the Turkish Get Up. That’s fine if you want to, but just know that Turkey did not invent nor popularize this exercise!
Nonetheless, it is an excellent exercise for increasing multi-planar strength across the entire body. It is great if you want to increase core strength, shoulder stability, hip flexibility, and overall coordination. This is a must exercise for any athlete looking to improve their performance.
Starting from the bottom of the movement, some cues to remember are: - press the weight above you
- bend the ipsilateral (same side) knee
- use the other arm to assist in a full sit up while keeping the working arm locked throughout the entire movement
- raise the hips in a locked out hip thrust position
- position the straight leg behind your body as the back leg of a lunge
- split lunge into a standing position
- execute the process in reverse on your way down. If you liked this video then give us a double tap, become a FIT follower, visit our website: www.turfathleticclub.com, come in to check out Turf Athletic Club where the grass is greener when you're leaner!
#woodbridge #vaughan #notturkish #athlete #shoulderstability #sagittal #frontal #transverse #totalmobility #core #exerciseoftheday #getup #turfathleticclub