✨HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE✨
Just in time for #thanksgiving
and sure to elevate your turkey game.
No shade to canned cranberry sauce, but until you try homemade, you really don’t know what you’re missing 😜
I like my cranberry sauce on the tart side to cut the more savory dishes that are served on this holiday. It’s so easy to make, and the orange adds a 💥 POP 💥 of flavor that unfortunately the can can’t capture.
recipe makes ~6 cups, add less water for a chunkier sauce and more sugar if you like it sweeter.
3 bags fresh cranberries, washed
2 1/2 c sugar
3 cups water
1 medium orange🍊
1. Boil water and stir sugar until dissolved.
2. Add cranberries and cover pot with a lid.
3. Zest 1 orange, avoiding zesting any of the white part of the skin (it’s very bitter.
4. Add orange zest and the juice of said orange to sauce, avoiding seeds!!
5. Cook on medium for 30-45 minutes until berries are broken and sauce has formed.
I’ve also been mixing this sauce into my plain Greek yogurt for some 💣 bomb 💣 flavor combos. Thank me later for the recipe, and make sure to tag me @atbnutrition
+ use the #diningwithdiva
hashtag when you try it out!!
PS if you’re into the sweeter persuasion, check out the dEATS on the pumpkin apple bread with maple cream cheese icing in the previous post/ #ontheblog
Are you team jellied or whole cranberry sauce??? I’m team whole berry obvi 💁🏽♀️