The trend of parents forcing their children to study all the time has been growing. Students of class 2 are told to study 4 hours a day. Class 2?!! Hayee bicharay.
And dont even ask how many are made to join tuition centres. That is a topic for another day.
The number of hours kids nowadays study is insane. They are made to sit home even on weekends, skip a family dinner and its fine because their final exams are coming in 3 weeks *rolls eyes*
I dont completely blame the parents, as the load of studying comes from schools too. But parents should focus on keeping their study time enough to keep their sanity and let them enjoy life too.
It not like I was never told to study, but my parents made sure there was balance. I myself knew as a student, how much study hours I need to give by the time I was in class 6. Ajkal tou O level k bachon ko kamray mien bund kardetay taake wo parh len.
Here are 5 tips to keep a student sane:
1) Stop spoon feeding words to your child. Help them learn and make them understand the concept.
2) From the start, allocate time to study and let them have fun. You forcing them to study 24/7 will not increase their concentration span. They will be staring walls 80% of the time.
3) Understand ye waqt phr nahin aega. Enjoy time with them and let them explore their passion. Studies are important but they wont take them anywhere if they have been just learning to pass the exams.
4) All As are not going to always let them achieve their dreams. Yes work hard for scoring high but then if it wasnt what you expected, let it be and let them move on with it.
5) As a parent, listen to them. They need you to understand them. They trust you more than anything but if you scare them off once, phr sirf mark sheet he dikhanay aen gay.
Let them explore and enjoy life. Yes do guide them on the right path, and once in a while check on them. They will shine in the sky brighter than you imagined!
A student who understands
#mydiywriting #mydiywritingpost #writersofig #writeeveryday #writerscommunity #pakistaniwriters #writersofpakistan #parents #pakistanistudents #pakistaniparents #studystress #studentsofpakistan #studies #timemanagement