Is it just me or are there not enough hours in the day anymore to do it all ? most of us are hustling to get the kids to school , make food , make a name, make a career or get that dream degree in their pocket. But through all that, do we stop to think what are we doing to enrich our body and stay healthy?
So how do You all incorporate a healthy routine in your hectic life?
1. It starts with self discipline . I hold myself accountable for making it to the Gym or doing something to be active be it at home or going on a walk with my daughter atleast 3 times a week.
2. Make fitness a part of your routine. It will be a lot easier to get to the gym or do it at home if its part of your everyday and you will start to look forward to it. On the days I am feeling extremely lazy, I will just go for a walk or just do some core work, lunges, squats in the living room while I am watching TV or playing with my daughter. I will also do walking lunges as I walk from my office to kitchen while I am getting something to eat or bust out squats as I am waiting for the microwave to heat up my food. I always take stairs when that is an option! Including hotels !
3. Be Smart about about how and what you eat. If I have a hectic business or personal trip coming up and I wont have enough time to workout, I make sure to eat very healthy the week before and maintain some discipline while I am on the trip
4. Be efficient with your workouts. “
HIIT” workouts are the best for me to burn calories and fat in a short amount of time . Incorporate weights into your workouts.. not just for the physical benefits but for making body stronger and stable. I have been using the app @sweat
and doing their #BBG
workouts for last 6 months and it has helped to have a routine workout .
5. You are what you eat. Its simple as that. But don’t be fooled by just physical attributes. Sure you are able to fit into your regular size pants again, but are you feeling strong? Is your heart stronger?
6. Dont throw away your routine when you are vacation. You can modify it, and make adjustment. Instead of getting white pasta, get whole grain pasta