Finding my top 9 travel experiences wasn’t easy. My travel app clocked me at 123,300km but that excludes the road trips. So these photos are in no particular order.
1) Photographing sunrises during my birthday week road trip around Victoria. Most mornings would find me fill out of the Kombi in my bear onesie, tinkering with my camera until golden hour was over.
2) Travelling to the other Melbourne on the other side of the world via a stop at the Kennedy Space Centre where we saw amazing sunsets off the Florida Coast.
3) Spending a week on a catamaran sailing in the Caribbean with @meilin09
where the clear blue skies and warm aquamarine waters were all we knew. I’ve never known such stunning sunsets or 10am coffee breaks.
4) Fraser Island - an ecological amazement being a rainforest on a sand island and the wonderful scenery that abounded.
5) Day trip to Mornington with friends in the back of a hummer limo swigging a magnum of Veuve en route to see Carl Cox play in a winery.
6) Weekend Truffles and Diamonds with @selh9
... a most wonderful time spent with a favourite travel buddy.
7) Signed up for my 4th #projectrawcast
workshop for 2018 - this time to Phillip Island. I challenged myself in so many ways (physically and photographically) and was glad to learn (and develop Nikon-envy) from @doohanok
. Thanks guys!
8) A weekend trip to the Barossa where we got to meet John Duval... winemaker extraordinaire.
9) I can’t close out the year without remembering a couple of trips to Vietnam where a day trip down the Mekong Delta was eye opening and I got to befriend @carineloveasia
whose travels I find inspirational (and she probably travels as much as, if not more than, me). So many other wonderful travel memories involving so many wonderful people I’ve travelled with or met along the way that didn’t make the photo-cut but trust me, they’re there. So please don’t fret. Happy new year!