Heart is a miracle muscle created by the Creator, Allah. The heart has the best spiritual powers compared to the other organs as it directly connects our soul to Allah. We definitely know how we feel when we are happy at heart, but when a restless heart is to keep at peace. When my heart is restless, I do the following:
1. The first option is soothing. It makes you deeply think that no matter who you are, where you are and what you have achieved in life, there are supportive people around you, and things to be grateful for even if you fail.
2. Sajdah gives the reassurance to heart that Someone is watching, listening every word and every thought that crosses our minds. Prayer time is when the heart feels tranquil, especially during Sajdah.
3. Distracting yourself from restlessness and doing something we love, for example reading, is a powerful manner to reflect upon ourselves than the evil whispers of the heart. Embracing the nature allows the soul to appreciate what is created by Allah, and gives reassurance that if He created the earth, He will listen to calm our hearts.
4. Calling someone spontaneously can make the other full of happiness, which reflects back to us, so the heart slowly changes its mood. In the same way, helping someone in need makes the heart content because you feel you are worthy and special.
5. Learn few verses of Qur’an, including the detailed meaning and how the verse applies our lives, or learn a new skill altogether and make that useful for our lives.
May Allah calm and puts rest and peace in our hearts. Ameen.