Punjabi kadhi-Chawal for dinner today !
Often people ask me whats the difference between the Rajasthani kadi and Punjabi kadhi. I could jot down a few as per my personal findings. Do share more if u know of any.
1. Rajasthani Kadhi mostly is a lil thin in consistency, Punjabi kadhi is a lil thick in consistency.
2. In Rajasthan we add red chilly powder to an extent that it changes the color to slightly dark yellow, punjabi kadhi is mostly a rich yellow color.
3. The pakodas in Rajasthani kadhi are mostly nothing much simply seasoned with salt and pepper and sometimes might have coriander green chilly and garlic, punjabi kadhi the pakodas have finely chopped potatoes onions green chillies coriander etc. if u ever noticed, that's the reason they are perfectly round in shape.
4. The sourness in Rajasthani kadhi can be a lil less,it can vary, where as in the later one, the sourness is the main hero of kadhi. It's quite tangy in taste.
5. I mostly avoid methi dana in kadhi due to personal choice , although a lot of people use methi dana in rajasthan, punjabi kadhi u will always see lots of methi dana. It gives a unique taste.
6. In Rajasthan kadhi is eaten with rice,roti or bajra roti, punjabi kadhi is mostly eaten with rice.
Do share yr insights and any significant difference u guys might know.
p.s. these differences are purely based on my personal experience and might differ from yours.
So enjoy drooling over this one.
#saturdaynightdinner #delhi #pune #mumbai #punjabikadhi #kadhi #delhifoodie #dilsefoodie #puranidelhi #delhifoods #punjabifoods #bhukaad #hungry #punefoodies #punefoodblogger #chefofig #chef #instafood #chefofinstagram #kadhichawal #rajasthanikadhi #marwari #jodhpur #marwar
follow me @lilpeasnpots
for more food and other related stories.