Highlights of Today's Weekly Program (17th of Feb, '19)
LECTURE 2: LIVING DURING AN ERA OF TRIALS AND TEMPTATIONS BY DR. RAZIUL ISLAM
What is "Fitnah"? #Fitnah
, sufferings, #temptations
, spreading of #evil
• Everything in the universe has a set of rules & laws which they cannot transgress.
• Prophet #Muhammad
(PBUH) warned us of Fitnah, especially during the end times, which will be abundant and difficult to stay away from. It will surround us from all sides, as we see today.
• We must try to save ourselves from these trials of Fitnah.
⏹️ Types of Fitnah:-
• As much as #wealth
is essential for survival, it also easily corrupts a person's heart.
• One must always keep in mind the rights of others over our wealth.
• It's not bad to have money in your pocket, but it's wrong to have #money
in your heart.
2. Neglecting the difference between Halal & Haram:-
• The #Qur
'an has made very clear what's Halal & what's Haram.
• Don't stray too close to the boundary of #Haram
, for it won't take long for you to fall into it.
• Freedom is acceptable to a certain extent. You do not have the freedom to do whatever you want.
• People, in the name of #freedom
, are doing unethical & unacceptable things. Hence, freedom has to have a limit
4. Intermixing of genders:
• " #metoo
" is what happens when you normalise male & female intermingling, especially in isolation, for we know that when a male & female are together in seclusion, the third among them is Satan.
• The sins we don't commit in public, we must also not commit in private
• This era of the internet has made it easy for people to sin privately.
6. Narcissism & showing off:
• No, it's not okay to show off your blessings or good deeds to the world.
⏹️ To stay away from Fitnah, let's hold on tightly to Allah's Book.
#islam #islamicpost #instadawah #muslimadvice