2017 - I hate running. 🏃♂️ 2018 - practice good running form now running is not so bad. By 2019 - I hope I can run for long distances at a decent pace without getting fatigue too quickly. #running #runningform #2018 #amsterdam #runningshot
WARM UP DRILLS 💯
Here are a few warm up drills, these drills not only help ease into your running session, they teach technique, activate and mobilise your muscles. 💪
1️⃣ Runners often run in straight lines, this is a great way to activate your glutes as well as give them a small stretch ✅
2️⃣ Same as the first helps, to activate the glutes as well as the hamstrings ✅
3️⃣ The A-skip helps to teach and ingrain proper running mechanics ✅
There a million drills these are just a few you can try 🤙
Temperatures are raising, but this was never an excuse! ☀️🌡️
KNEE VALGUS WHILE RUNNING 🏃♂️ 👣
Again if your knee collapses in, don’t stress! This is something to focus on if you have some form of knee pain, it may be a contributing factor 👍
➡️ Drive the knee high in both drills/exercises ➡️ Push out against the band ➡️ Try and keep your knee tracking out over your toes ➡️ Perform these in front of a mirror of you can
➡️ If you do these bare feet it will double up as a foot workout and well ✅
1️⃣ Complete 3x20 seconds to start
2️⃣ Start with 3x10 and build you way up
[Running Drills For Basketball]⠀
Cleaning up running and acceleration mechanics with basketball players @wichaelmang
First time ever performing running drills, so I'd say they did pretty well. They were surprised at how much posterior chain (glute, hamstring) and core engagement were needed for efficient acceleration and running so we'll definitely be addressing those areas throughout the training program.
Filming at @advance_perf
today to promote their new #runbetter
services. It's been an eye-opener with some very interesting results (I love stats).
As well as stocking everything running related, Advance Performance offer multiple indpeth analyses of your running form, footwear, functional movement to help address, reduce and prevent injuries and problems.
If you want to get the very best from your running, reduce injuries and overcome existing issues, then definitely pay these guys a visit.
#running #runbetter #ukrunchat #gaitanalysis #runningform #runsmart #injuryprevention
WORK IN PROGRESS..
✊🏽Running form , cadence, and overall feel is coming along pretty well. Today’s run was more technical work than anything else.
Distance: 1.64 miles
Time: 15:28 min
Avg Pace: 9.25/per mile .
🏃🏽♂️This is my second run with @xeroshoes
Prio and it was much better. With the natural feel and minimal style it really makes you aware of foot ground contact. Felt pretty good in them today. The use of the shoes improves with exposure. So far so good.
👉🏽Side note: walking with these really makes you aware of how heavy you walk (at least for me ) . Didn’t realize how hard I strike my heels as I walk. Since using these guys I have definitely lightened up my walk. We don’t necessarily think of this due to the amount of cushion regular shoes have. Makes me think how much extra force we generate into our joints from walking with regular shoes or even running as well 🧐
#Af_move #HumanPerformance #RunnersWorld #RunnersOfInstagram #TrainToRun #RunningForm #Cadence
Just taking care of business
Warm up 2 miles
Tempo 6 miles
Brick: bike 12 miles + 2 run miles
You know you had a great run when you are satisfied with your effort and there are no ifs and buts. Was great to just run first. Miles kept on coming, I am surprised to see consistent 7:20s, but I think my work on my form off season is paying off. Today all I was thinking is my form, cadence, lean, relaxed arms, longer stride, driving from the hip and not collapsing in the hip. When I first started to work on getting faster, first thing I did was work on my form and results followed. I am taking a page out of my own book and working on improving my form again. Happy Thursday! Run happy!
#ironman1406 #triathlete #swimbikerun #tri #imlou #ironmanlouisville #running #bikerun #tempo #runningform
TOP TIP THURSDAY ✅ •
Here’s on our trainers Michael! Aka @therunningpodiatrist
showing you proper running form. 👍
Just like with strength training, running technique/form is also important. 💯
Here’s some cues to look for next time you run 🏃♂️
✅ PROPER RUNNING FORM
‘Proper running form’ includes a number of variables. Focussing on a mid-foot strike and a number of other variables have been shown to be more efficient and decrease the risk of injury ❌
However, it is important to note that not everyone runs like this and they are completely injury free 👍
I will always advise to do what works for you and if it’s not broken don’t fix it 🔨
But these are some good cues for those of you who are injured or looking to improve your running performance 🤙
Some tips for happy and healthy running form:
1. Run proud – Keep good posture with your shoulders back and your chest proud.
2. Short, quick strides – Take short, quick strides instead of long strides. Taking too long of strides (called “overstriding”) places excessive loads on the tendons and ligaments in your knees and hips, which is inefficient and risks injury. 3. Your foot should strike under your knee, not in front of it.
4. Don’t heel strike – There’s a common misconception that you should land on your heels, but it creates a breaking effect, increases your time on the ground and can slow you down. Try to land on your mid-foot or forefoot, whichever is more comfortable. If you land on your forefoot, your heel should naturally settle to the ground before toe-off. As you prepare to toe-off, your weight should move towards your big toe before your foot leaves the ground again.
5. Push forward – Your weight should be propelled forward from your hips (primarily glutes). Don’t waste energy by springing up from your toes.
5. Run in a line – Your feet shouldn’t cross the midline (center) of your body. Your arms should be bent at a 90 degree angle with your hands loose and below your waist. Your arm swing should also be in a line and should not have any rotation. If your arms do cross the midline of your body, your energy is going sideways, not forward.
6. Don’t neglect your core – Think about keeping a tight core, especially when you’re tired. Take moments to check in on your glutes and squeeze them as you toe off.
#runningform #runningmotivation #runhappy #greenspacefitness #fit #fitness #workout #gethealthy #healthylife #postpartumfitness #fitlife #getoutside #growyourown #eatclean #healthyeating #trainhard #noexcuses #getstrong #girlswholift #sweatitout #nature #moodlift
Learn from my (running) mistakes!
🐾Don’t over-stride! Keep your cadence at around 180+ so your foot lands under, not in front of your body!
🐾 Lift your heel to avoid overworking your hip flexors and underusing your hamstrings!
🐾 Improve your arm drive. Drive back with the elbows rather than driving forwards with the hands.
Full credit goes to @ce_running