Sometime over the weekend, my body decided it was time for me to get sick🤒😕
While I’m thankful that it’s only a small sinus infection, a sore throat can make me feel pretty lousy and unmotivated.
There are a few things I do at home for a sore throat, so I wanted to jump on here and share incase any other pals are also under the weather💕
1. Water 💦~So simple, yet so successful in helping you to feel better. Not only will it help in fighting dehydration, but cool water can feel really good on your throat. I’m trying to drink about four 16oz water bottles a day.
2. Honey!🍯~Besides it’s many health benefits, honey can act as a natural throat lozenge by coating your throat tissues and helping to ease discomfort and suppress coughing. I would recommend finding a natural honey; preferably one from your local #farmersmarket
3. Salt water🥛~This is kinda gross, but gargling salt water can really help relieve your pain. I would dissolve about 1/2 a teaspoon of salt in an 8oz cup of warm water and then gargle and spite until your drink is gone.
4. Humidifiers💁🏼♀️~Dry air will NOT help your sore throat. If you have the heat turned way up in your house, bump it down some. Warmer air tends to lead to dryness. I don’t have a humidifier, but if you do, sleeping with that at night will also help since it puts moister back into the air.
5. Tea!🍵~ My personal favorite! Drinking warm tea (Not Hot!) is another great way to naturally help your throat feel better. I would recommend adding in some honey and lemon. Also keep in mind, that if your drinking tea before bed you will want it to be a caffeine free tea. Most back teas are not caffeine free, so I would look for a herbal tea like Chamomile or Peppermint.
Well that’s a wrap for today! I hope tomorrow finds you well and warm🧡