Want some dirt on me 😉? I’ve got some juicy details to share...just in case you need a good laugh this eve 😂. 1. I was born in the same hospital, same day & year, as my husband of 22 years. And our mothers shared a birthing room 😱
2. I grew up in a single wide trailer in East Selah Wa and spent all my time outside, barefoot, throwing around cow patties and building forts in the field.
3. I was raised as a 7th Day Adventist and went to church every Saturday in a dress handmade by my granny.
4. After all that churchy stuff I became a dedicated Metal Head but rebelled against my friends and insisted we listed to rap too. Think Metallica followed by Ice T 🤔
5. At 16, I thought being a teenage runaway would be cool. I lived as a stowaway in a college dorm and ate mayonnaise sandwiches for two months 😑
6. I imagined I was too cool for school and dropped out. Twice 🤷🏻♀️
7. That same year I was kicked out of 2 substance abuse facilities for breaking rules. I did finally graduate from one though and spent the rest of my high school days clean as a whistle.
8. At 17 I became a teenage mom and eventually lived in subsidized housing and lived off of food stamps and WIC coupons. The state really liked us to eat a lot of cheese and peanut butter 🐷
9. At 18, I decided to do something no one else around me was doing (always rebelling 🙄) and I enrolled in college.
10. I met the love of my life when I was 21 and have been married to him for 22 years.
11. My husband, myself, and our two children lived on Greek Row at Washington State University in the 4-story Beta Theta Pi house...it was empty of course.
12. I eventually graduated from WSU with a 3.98 G.P.A and was the President of the English Honor Society there.
13. After college, I stayed home for many years raising my three children. I taught quilting classes and took leadership roles in Navy Spouses Clubs.
14. I tried using my degree to teach middle school when my youngest went to kindergarten but my Anxiety and Panic Disorder wasn’t under control then. I left the profession two years in. (Continued in the Comments 👇🏼👇🏼) #anxietydisorder #highschooldropout #yogajournal #meditation #yakimawa #selahwa #betathetapi