A friend sent me these bright cards with encouraging verses on them!! Was looking at them this morn and thinking how different things have become for me.
Not too long ago I gave little thought to working on my faith or getting stronger inside. Honestly other than going to church most Sundays, I was like, who really has time to read the Bible or pray? Life just felt too busy with littles, work and all.
But then I found I wasn't really living life well when I hit a low one day, more like swimming upstream or probably more like drowning.
And so I finally decided to try something else. Daily time to read a short devotional and verses and short exercises at home. The boost it gave me in and out was really indescribable. And now I aim to never miss a day. It's honestly the best way for me to start the day, hoepfully early before littles wake and pull on me 🤣
And I know now that I wouldn't have committed and made the change if it wasn't for taking a leap to become a wellness coach. .
Was I in good emotional or physical shape when I jumped in? Hardly. Super far from it really.
Did I know how to do it? Nope! .
But that's the best part of coaching on a team like we have. It's fun, easy to learn, anyone who wants to feel better and then pass it on to others can do it, and it's a great outlet from my day-job and mommin' role 24/7. Plus the extra money for our fam just helps so much!!
Really it's brought me FREEDOM from what was holding me back and FREEDOM to grow, to make the time for me and focus on the important stuff of life.
Would so so love to share it with you too if you feel like you need a little boost in how you feel inside, out or both!! Just give me a little ❤️ below or send me a message and it'd be great to talk with ya!! 😍
Thanks @ruthiedoodles_swjourney for the tag! Here goes:
1. I am 30, 31 next month.
2. I'm from Clacton-on-sea in Essex.
3. I live right near the beach which is awesome in summer.
4. I live with my other half, 2 children and our dog.
5. I work as admin for a domiciliary care charity but recently became a support worker too as 1 mother's story broke my heart and I had to help her.
6. My ideal job would be freelance digital marketing.
7. I have 11 tattoos but most of them are well hidden.
8. I'm terrified of heights.
9. I have never grown out of my teenage taste in music (Linkin Park, Greenday etc.) 10. I broke my spine aged 13 when I slipped on ice but didn't find out till 7 years later when I slipped on a wet floor and herniated a disc for the 1st time.
11. I hate winter and snow.
12. I am a petrol head and drive a modified Seat Leon FR.
13. One of the best experiences of my life was driving 5 different supercars last year.
14. The worst experience of my life was going skiing and that was before I broke my back 😂
15. I model wedding dresses for my friends bridal shop @laceysbridalboutique
16. I am obsessed with makeup though I don't actually wear much daily.
17. My favourite food is pizza and it's always my first choice cheat meal.
18. I started Slimming World 2 years ago and have never been happier about my body image.
19. I never expected much to happen with my Instagram account... 22k followers later!
20. I've written this twice but my phone crashed just as I finished the 1st time 😂
I tag @mumtoatribe_swjourney@justtash_sw@shazzapegg_sw@fmsw16#slimmingworld#slimmingworlduk#sw#swuk
Gosh, haven't done one of these for a while! Thanks my beauty @elilala_sw for the tag 😙 righteo ...
1• Polystyrene freaks me the fuck out; it's all squeaky and makes my teeth nervy. Totally makes me shudder.
2• "One day like this" by Elbow is one of my most favourite songs; it always makes me cry ... in a good way.
3• I love good coffee and appreciate drinking it when it is boiling hot ... once it's gone warm it's dead to me. BLURRGH.
4• I have a foundation degree in Nursing and Midwifery ... maybe something to pick up again in the future ...
5• I'm an Accountant who is shockingly shit at mathematics 😆 I owe my ability to bloody hard work, an eye for detail and a keen liking of things to be organised!
6• When I was little I wanted to be a fashion designer.
7• I love all food and will try anything edible.
8• The one foodstuff I can't tolerate is barbeque sauce/ flavoured anything. What even does it taste of??
9• I broke my nose playing hockey so many times it set straight again.
10• I love running. It's freedom for the mind.
11• I can't do the splits.
12• when I was in school I played to grade 5 piano and grade 4 violin. I always wanted to play the drums instead.
13• I learnt Latin at school and wish I'd actually paid attention.
14• I just checked and I can hold my breathe for 43 seconds.
15• I really like it when people speak their minds.
16• I have no time for anyone with superiority complexes ... we're all made of the same stuff.
17• I love cooking.
18• I have really small toes (apparently) ...
19• I'd like to learn Italian.
20• I found out today the there are female and male peppers ... you tell them apart from the number of bumps that are on the bottom ... mind blown 😄
anyone to join in!