17 months ago I made one of the best decisions of my life. Here’s a few things I’ve realized over the past 17 months.
1. Sober people aren’t boring.
2. I feel it ALL, there’s no escape. The anxiety, the stress, the excitement, the nervousness, the exhaustion, the pain, the annoyance, the joy, the laughter, the good..bad and uncomfortable... ohhhh and the memories, yep, ALL of it.
3. I still want to Escape feelings I used to drink for.
4. Getting sober was easy, staying sober is the hard part.
5. Parts of my past that I never faced have flooded me with emotion.
6. I love to be alone.
7. I have a low tolerance for other people’s BS, life’s wayyyyy to good to let negativity live in my life.
8. I’m a better Mom.
9. I have hobbies and interests that I never explored before.
10. I can be honest, truthful and fearless with out drinking.
11. My story, his glory. God is using me in ways I would have never expected.
12.There’s a HUGE difference between someone who quits drinking and someone who’s recovering.
13. Sobriety can be lonely, especially in a crowded room.
14. I replaced drinking with eating. Yes, I’m Emotional Eater 🙄 ( thank god for times nutrition& our kick ass group)
15. My brain still tells me I can have just one... I won’t even wanna Try.
16. I appreciate life so much more.... I literally crave connecting with nature.
17. I love me Sober.
Tonight I’m celebrating with my bubbly water just like I do every month because 17 months ago I didn’t know if I would make it 17 days.
To everyone still struggling, you’re a #DECISION
away from freedom.... I promise you, it’s so good🤘🏻 #tonyrobbinsupw #soberaf #arthritiswarrior #shopaholics #feelitall #faithoverfear #mystory #writesagram #soberwriter #soberwomen #litaf #fridaynight #bubblywater #waterselfie #alllove #freeyourself