Excited to introduce a new Sunday Soup Series! Aka you’re getting a new soup recipe every Sunday from now till it gets hot again 💁🏽♀️😋
Why soup? Since its starting to get coldish in Dallas, I’m craving all the warm + cozy foods 🤗🍁🍂 And soup is 👌🏽 for that! Also, soup recipes are my favorite because they usually take only one pot (all about doing less dishes) and less than 30 minutes.
THIS 👆🏽 ✨Vegan Broccoli ‘Cheese’ Soup✨ is no exception. Tons of cheesy flavor from #nooch
, and extra creamy from homemade cashew cream. If you’re ready to start your #Sundaymealprep
with a quick, easy, tasty AF soup, all you need to do is 👇🏽
1/2 cup raw cashews
1.75 cup water
Vegan Broccoli 'Cheese' Soup
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced onion (~1 medium onion)
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 cups raw broccoli florets, chopped medium fine
5 cups water*
2 cups cashew cream
3/4 cup nutritional yeast**
2 tsp salt
1 pinch cayenne (~2-3 shakes)
1. Start by making your cashew cream. In Vitamix blend together the raw cashews and water. Blend on high for 5 minutes and set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil on stovetop over medium heat.
3. Cook onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are clear, approximately 3-4 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients (broccoli, water*, nutritional yeast, salt, cayenne, and the cashew cream made earlier) to your pot and bring to a low boil.
5. Simmer covered, on low, for 20 minutes. Stir as needed as soup tends to foam up.
6. Before serving, I topped mine with some roasted pecans and @bienasnacks
chickpeas for a little crunch, along with a vegan sour cream swirl 👌🏽
*If you're looking for a thicker soup, you can add less water. Soup will also thicken when refrigerated.
**I normally get mine from @traderjoes
Okay, first soup DONE ✅ 👏🏽 Recipe also on the blog (link in profile) if you want to check it out there. Have the best rest of your Sunday, friends! 🤗🤗