My little guide to #plantbased
cream. You don't need to compromise on indulging in creamy, rich dishes on a #plantbaseddiet
- there's a whole host of alternatives to make your tikka masala, thai curry or stroganoff thick and delicious all #madefromplants
- whether cashew, coconut, oat or #soy
1. Soy cream is the most well known and very versatile. It's a bit like single cream, adding a little touch of richness and works well in most things - creamy pasta dishes all the way through to curried and also good poured on fruit like this #provamel
2. Soy yogurt is also a simple replacement whether standard runnier versions for a looser consistency or if you want a super thick texture use #alprogoon
which is high protein and makes a good sour cream replacement as a topping for nachos or chilli.
3. Coconut cream is perfect for any kind of fragrant Eastern dish and really good in Thai curries and also quite nice in sweeter desserts or again poured on fruit. Something like this alpro one is runnier or if you want a whipping cream replacement try coconut cream in a can and whisk it - it makes a great topping for bannoffee pie!
, again quite neutral and one I use in a lot of dishes but this #oatly
one is a good creme fraiche replacement and I think works really for a rich mushroom sauce or in pasta dishes. .
5. Cashew. Okay so this a #nutbutter
and not a cream but i tried using #cashewbutter
in my masala today and it just adds a nice nutty background that works well with spices and adds extra richness and creaminess.
For my aubergine, split pea and broccoli masala I used a mixture of the provamel cream and the cashew butter and made a really delicious, slight naughty tasting curry but as it's 100% plant based it's lower in fat. No matter what you use or your preference you're generally going to be lowering the sat fat content of your meal by using a #dairyalternative
. What's your favourite #dairyfree
#vegan #vegains #soycream #soyacream #vegancream #newvegan #vegantips #veganadvice #coconutcream #soyyogurt
#soyayoghurt #alpro #hownottodie #govegan #moofree #crueltyfree #healthyswaps