was first published in 2008 by David Rock.
SCARF is an acronym, where the letters are taken from the first letters of the words:
– relative importance to others.
– being able to predict the future.
– provides people a sense of control over events.
– a sense of safety with others
– a perception of fair exchanges between people
The model builds on the basic truth that the human brain is there to keep us safe. Our instinctive responses are designed to help us to move away from threat and towards reward.
SCARF points us towards the five things that profoundly direct our behaviour as if they were connected to our survival. Exploring these from the perspective of an agile approach may reveal some of the more subtle reasons why business agility works so well.
#emba #rsm #agile #designmeetsbusiness #designmeetsbusiness