STOP fixating on the NUMBERS on the SCALES
I see people get disappointed and frustrated that they have made so many lifestyle changes and see slow progress on the scales or hit a plateau
It is possible to get thinner without actually seeing a change in your weight. This happens when you lose body fat while gaining muscle. Your weight may stay the same, even as you lose inches, a good sign that you're moving in the right direction.
- Here’s the thing…health is not just defined by numbers on the scales, and here are my views on why you need to stop with the constant weighing
- So many things can affect the numbers you read. Hydration, time of day and hormones.
- A pound of muscle and a pound of fat both weigh a pound each but they look completely different. Muscle is more dense than fat, so when you lose fat and gain muscle you look more toned. But be prepared, because the numbers might be going up, but you are gaining muscle. What you really need to notice is how is your shape is changing, how do your clothes look on you etc
- There are other factors such as waist circumference, blood cholesterol, blood pressure are better ways to predict how healthy your body is
- Whatever the number on the scales can determine if you go on or throw the towel in and end up overeating again
- Weighing yourself constantly means your eating habits become a reaction to the number on the scales, rather than a reaction to your body’s actual needs
- Shift the focus off the scales and focus on the good things you are doing and not just the numbers
#personaltrainer #beyourbetterself #mindset #mentalhealthawareness
#exercise #energy #fit #fitness #gym #transformation #happy #results #health #healthy #lean #glutes #toned #loveyourbody #strongwomen #positive #training #workout #magherafelt #maghera #community