Cook up one of our favourite take away meals, from the comfort of your home! Full of fragrance, spices and tender pieces of chicken, your family will love it!
• 1 onion, peeled and quartered
• 2 garlic cloves
• thumb-sized chunk of ginger, peeled
• ½ red chilli
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• ½ tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1-2 tsp hot chilli powder (depending on how spicy you like your curry)
• 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• small pack coriander, chopped
• rice, naan and mango chutney, to serve
1. Blitz 1 quartered onion, 2 garlic cloves, a thumbsized chunk of ginger and ½ red chilli together in a food processor until it becomes a coarse paste.
2. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large saucepan and add the paste, fry for 5 mins, until softened. If it starts to stick to the pan at all, add a splash of water.
3. Tip in ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander and 1-2 tsp hot chilli powder and stir well, cook for a couple of mins to toast them a bit, then add 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks. Stir and make sure everything is covered in the spice mix.
4. Cook until the chicken begins to turn pale, adding a small splash of water if it sticks to the base of the pan at all.
5. Pour in 400g can chopped tomatoes, along with a big pinch of salt, cover and cook on a low heat for 30 mins, until the chicken is tender.
6. Stir through small pack of coriander and serve with rice, naan and a big dollop of mango chutney.
Hope you enjoy! 📍Shop 1D, 351 Oran Park Drive, Oran Park