chris described this meal as insane; insanely good, that is! the next time you’re in the mood for some indian take out, make this recipe instead. i promise you will not be disappointed. this can easily be adapted to be made with tofu or chickpeas in place of the chicken.
thirty minute butter chicken
makes 6 servings
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- salt + pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs. garam masala
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- ½ cup 2% plain greek yogurt- i use @fage
- 1 tbs. butter or ghee- i use @sprouts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- preheat oven to 450 degrees F. line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- add turkey, egg, panic bread crumbs, and a pinch of salt + pepper to bowl. coat hands with olive oil + roll meal into tbs. size balls (will make about 15-20 meatballs), placing them on the prepared baking sheet. transfer to oven + bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy + cooking through. - steam broccoli + carrots in steamer basket until fork tender.
- meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. add onion + cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic + ginger, cook for another 5 minutes.
- stir in garam masala, curry powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper + cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- add tomato paste, coconut milk, and ½ cup water (i used bone broth bc i had it on hand). stir to combine, bring sauce to a boil, cook 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. stir in yogurt + butter. add meatballs, broccoli, carrots + cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. - serve over brown rice and/or with garlic naan. enjoy!
- adapted slightly from @halfbakedharvest
- note: my portion was made w roasted extra firm tofu
#butterchicken #indianfood #homemade #insanelygood #healthylifestyle #healthymeals #tastemade #healthyeating #healthydiet #eatwell #f52gram #thekitchn #huffposttaste #foodgawker #eeeeeats #RDapproved #dietitianapproved #eatclean #realfood #iamwellandgood