We've been tagged by @workingshepherdcrew
to share 10 facts about Phantom:
1) As a puppy Phantom was always sick in the car. No matter if it was a 10 minute drive or a 2 hour drive, he would drool excessively and throw up. He did this until he was almost a year old.
2. If you've been following us a while you may already know, but Phantom's kryptonite is flooring. Certain shiny floors really freak him out. He will always walk on them, no forcing necessary, but he will do so with his tail tucked and legs splayed. He didnt go into my bathroom for years.
3. Phantom is naturally goofy and easy going. He is not an overly suspicious or protective dog by nature. Through these years of training and him maturing I've noticed him becoming more serious and territorial over the house and the truck. Somewhat over Rylen and his stroller as well, though that is hit or miss.
4. Phantom barks a tough game from inside his kennel. People think he's going to eat them and their beloved fur babies. But once he's out he could care less about their existence and he's only looking for his ball, tug, or a decoy.
5. When in drive he's in DRIVE. I have to choke him off of toys and tugs if he's not wearing an ecollar. If you are then holding the item he wants it is very difficult to calm him down. I usually go into obedience routines to channel his devil energy into something that doesn't result in me losing skin.
6. Phantom doesn't really play with other dogs. He coexists with them. An exception would be my other dog Bentley and he is strangely enamored by @huskiesofpnw
dog Stella 🖤.
7. Phantom earned his Entry Level certificate in NADF (the equivalent of a PDC) before he was 1 year old and he earned his Level 1 while he was a year old. We tried for the Level 2 but failed by DQing the call off scenario.
8. Phantom is a bit of a hard dog when he is stimulated. He needs a lot of correction. My female on the other hand works easily, even in bitework, on a flat collar. She aims to please me and he aims to please himself lol.
9. Phantom has some funny quirks. He watches TV sometimes, especially if there are animals on. He howls at sirens.
10. His floppy ear is from a recent hematoma 😞.