Thai Mango Sticky Rice! Also known as Khao Niao Manuang. Easy peasy. 👌Delicious for an after dinner treat! Do you see a moon on the plate? 🌜Ready for bed now. #foodcoma
. #thefoodblog #inyofacejtcooksthai
Seems like it would take a long time to make, but nope. Now this really takes me back to our Thailand trip. #hungry
Dinnerware featured from @akihomenitori
! Love that blue. .
Recipe 👇 .
RECIPE - Makes 8 servings
Soak rice overnight, actual cooking is 25-30 min. .
2 c sweet rice
1 14 oz can coconut cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c sugar
sesame seeds toasted
1. Soak rice in a bowl overnight.
2. Stream the rice for 20-25 minutes until rice is translucent and cooked. I steamed the rice using my rice cooker with the steam setting and steam tray. I out foil down and sprayed lightly with cooking oil. Then I poked holes in it because the tray holes were too big for the small grains of rice. 20 min was perfect.
3. In a medium saucepan, mix in yhe can of coconut milk, sugar and salt on low heat until combined evenly. Remove from heat.
Slice or chop mango and put in the refrigerator to chill.
4. Once the Sweet rice is done steaming, put it in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of coconut milk mixture to serve and spoon over at the end. Take the rest of the mixture and mix into the sweet rice. The rice will get thicker and absorb the goodness.
Wait for the rice to come down to room temp and absorb all the coconut milk mixture. .
5. Plate it! Add toasted sesame seeds, arrange mango on the plate and spoon some coconut milk mixture on top. Voila!