Bologna, Italy 🇮🇹 | San Petronio
The Basilica di San Petronio, dedicated to the city's patron saint, is the biggest and most important church in Bologna. Its construction was started in 1390 and continued until the 1600's, when the roof and apse were completed. The facade has remained unfinished. The main portal contains the Stories of the Old and New Testament, sculpted by Jacopo della Quercia, between 1425 and 1438. The solemn and majestic interior is divided into three naves supported by ten pillars. Twenty-two chapels open off the side naves. One contains an organ which still works built around 1470: the oldest in the world still in use.