In #TheDIVASKitchen :
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Easy to make...low-carb friendly... Ingredients:
2 green bell peppers
1/4 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 slices provolone cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) Two green bell peppers are washed, cut in half, ribs and seeds removed. Save pepper tops and dice roughly.
3) Place peppers in boiling water to cover for 8 minutes to slightly soften..take out of water and set aside.
4) In a skillet, brown ground beef with chopped onions and the pepper tops. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Drain excess fat after cooking.
5) Using a Dutch oven or small casserole dish, spray lightly with nonstick cooking oil.
6) Cut provolone in half and place in bottom of the pepper "shell". Spoon in ground beef mixture. Top with parmesan and mozzarella, then place in oven, uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes, until peppers are tender and cheese is melted.