📸: Baked Oatmeal Prep
If you had the option to start your day with foods that will contribute to a productive day, boost your brain, and lower your stress levels VS. foods that create blockages in your arteries, will make you feel sluggish and add to your already existing brain fog . . . which would you choose?
If you said brain-boosting food, this baked oatmeal is what you're looking for. Chock full of some of the best brain-boosting foods - blueberries, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, along with protein laden hemp hearts and soluble/insoluble fibre from oatmeal, this breakfast is a win/win for all.
While I was transforming the kitchen of The Grail Springs Centre for Well being into an holistic plant-based restaurant, one of the favourite breakfasts of the clients was this baked blueberry oatmeal.
Here's how I made it for 1 adult -
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats (not quick oats) **
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- sprinkles of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cardamom to taste (cardamom optional)
- frozen berries, preferabley blue berries, but mixed berries will do
- 1 1/2 tsp xylitol (or more if you need it)
- whipped coconut cream or other non-dairy whipped product.
- in a mixing bowl, combine well, all dried ingredients
- add non-dairy milk and mix again ** oats should not be wet, just damp
- using an oven safe dish, spray with cooking oil, or lightly coat with non-dairy butter then add oatmeal mixture
- bake in the oven at 375F for 20-25min. oats should get lightly brown on top, without burning.
- before serving add whipped coconut cream or other non-dairy whipped product.
** this dish can be made with steel cut oats instead, just double the non-dairy milk.
Come back tomorrow what the 'finished product picture!! #sugarfree #lowcarb #antiinflammatory #plantbasedprotein
Ki's Kitchen - taste the difference, FEEL the difference!