Have we told you how obsessed we are with this Baked Oatmeal with berries, seeds and maple almond drizzle? Oh, we haven't? WE'RE OBSESSED. Baking the oatmeal gives it a crispy top and a soft center. Then, you've got the bright fruit and the creamy almond butter. Um, it's the weekend, so make this. Now.
Blueberry Almond Baked Oatmeal
Adapted from @the_bojon_gourmet
2 tbsp. butter (can sub vegan butter)
1 c. oats
2 pinches salt
2 tbsp. flax seeds
2 tbsp. chia seeds
1 large blood orange, peeled and sliced into rounds
1/2 c. blueberries, plus more for serving
3/4 c. Trade Street Jam Co. Blueberry Lemon Basil Jam
1 3/4 c. almond milk, plus more for serving
3 tbsp. maple syrup, plus more for serving
1/4 c. cashew, almond or peanut butter
~4 tbsp. hot water
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Melt the butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet. Swirl to coat the sides, then pour into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In the buttery skillet, sprinkle half of the oats over the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of the flax and chia seeds, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle on half of the jam and lay half of the orange slices and berries on top. Repeat the layering process: oats, seeds, salt, jam, fruit. In a small bowl, stir together the milk and 2 tbsp. maple syrup to combine. Slowly pour the milk mixture over the oats, and drizzle the melted butter over the top.
4. Carefully transfer the skillet to the oven; it will be quite full and liquidy, but don’t worry; the oats absorb a lot of moisture. Bake until puffed and set, 30-40 minutes.
5. To make the cashew cream, in a small bowl, stir together the nut butter and remaining maple syrup. Gradually work in the hot water, stirring until the sauce is smooth and drizzleable.
6. Drizzle the baked oatmeal with the maple cashew cream, then scoop out into bowls and serve warm, topped with extra almond milk, fruit, and cream.
#foodie #foodlover #breakfast #oatmeal #bakedoatmeal #lowsugar #vegan #veganrecipes #healthyrecipes #healthyish #veganlifestyle #thekitchn #foodphotography #photography #foodlife #truecooks #foodstagram #igfood #cheflife #jam #jelly #madeinbrooklyn #brooklyn #epicurious #feedfeed #buzzfeast #foodandwine #f5