Self reflection helps us build emotional self-awareness. By taking the time to ask yourself the important questions, you gain a better understanding of your emotions, strengths, weaknesses and driving factors.
Here are a few steps you can take to make reflection a part of your daily life:
1. Think about your greatest achievements. Be sure to give yourself enough credit for your milestones, and don’t fall into the trap of comparing yourself to what you see of others. You don’t know where they are on their journey or what they went through to get there.
2. Think about all the challenges you were strong enough to overcome. This will help you remember how strong and persistent you are capable of being.
3. Revisit old memories, friends and places. The fabric of your life is as rich as it is because you are able to see how tiny moments have lead you to where you are today. Reflect on the memories, people, and even sights, sounds, and smells of times that have passed
4. Learn mindfulness meditation. The simplest way to reflect is by tuning in to the present moment. Set aside 5 to 10 minutes daily to sit in silence. This helps train your mind to slow down and engage with the here and now. Mindfulness meditation also raises your self-awareness.
5. Start a gratitude journal. Don’t let a day pass by without writing down at least 3 things you’re grateful for. This will make you more mindful, since you’ll constantly be on the look out for those 3 things every day.
6. Thank the people who have impacted your life. Weather you choose to text, call or even send them snail mail, just be sure to acknowledge those people and let them know how much they mean to you.
7. Jot down notes after leaving an experience. Keep a notebook with you and make a few notes about the thoughts, feelings, and ideas that came to you after significant experiences. Over time, you may learn to spot patterns in your mood or even figure out the causes of negative and positive thoughts.
8. Ask yourself how you can make things different. How you might want to engage in life differently? Would this change make you feel happier or more relaxed?
What do YOU do to reflect? Let me know in the comments 👇🏽
The moment when you finally get the fruit of your hard work is sometimes unexplainable.The happiness and joy that you feel on achieving something for which you have put your heart and soul for too long is your real victory. ❤
Don't get indulge in other activities after that too much that you forget all the hard work you did for something so dear to you. 💕
That something.........? In fact ,the most precious gift of Allah (S.W.T) with which He has blessed you ." AL -QURAN"🌸
NEVER take this gift for granted.Do you have any idea that what you are doing to yourself while giving up on Qur,an.
Not only you are giving up this blessing but also the other blessings in your life one by one....
Believe me, Allah (S.W.T) blesses you with several other things in your life just because of this book.
And also He takes away those blessings from your life just because of this book........By leaving His book. His words.His message.
You know why?
Because you didn't fulfilled your commitment which is a big sin.Then imagine what more could be done to one who is being disobedient to Him.
People who forget Quran after memorizing go through sufferings and devastations in their life. I've heard a lot about this which gives me goosebumps. ASTAGHFIRULLAH.
I know forgetfulness is human nature. But that doesn't mean that you should neglect Quran. You must try consistently. That's the key. Allah sees your efforts. Don't give up.✌
Assalamu Alaikum Waramatullahi Wabarakatuh
What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a homeless person?
Or maybe not a homeless person, just a stranded person asking you for a dollar or 2 in order to buy a ticket back home?
Basically, what do you do when someone asks for your help?😟 Let's say you're having a bad day and you see who I'm talking about, you might probably get upset and let loose on them.
If you're having a nice day however, you might reach into your pocket and grab a little more than they even asked for.
The point I'm trying to make here is that, every time someone seeks your help just help them.
If you're in the position to do so just do so.
You may be angry, you may be sad, you may be happy. Don't let the emotions overwhelm you so much that you lose sight of the fact that Allah is given you the opportunity to do some good!
Truly Allah loves those who do good.
If He gives you the opportunity to do good, grab some more of that love.
Sometimes I go on YouTube and I see people helping the homeless and doing other related things.
I think maybe it's just YouTube content they are trying to get, or maybe not.
Only Allah knows their true intention.
That's just by the way😅
So remember, help when you can and Allah will help you when you need it!
May Allah make us seize every opportunity to help our fellow man and soften our hearts to radiate kindness and Islam. Aameen
Day 394, post 1