This could be a five day mini series with all the focus and information floating around on gluten right now ... but essentially what you need to know is what gluten is and who may have an issue with it.
Gluten isn’t the devil it’s a protein found in wheat, barley, oats and rye. .
Why it’s an issue is it’s estimated that up to 1 in 70 Australians* have a condition that makes them sensitive to gluten in some form.
Celiacs sufferers all 100% have a sensitivity to gluten and should avoid it 100% of the time but people with gluten sensitivity or gluten intolerance aren’t necessarily all celiacs and may tolerate gluten to some degree (confused yet?).
So I’ll stick to just 5 facts Today
Did you know ...
1. Consuming Gluten is linked to migraines development in some sufferers.
2. Brain Fog and leg or arm numbness are some surprising symptoms of gluten sensitivity
3. Processed gluten free products aren’t necessarily healthier and are often much dearer. Stick to whole foods and if your avoiding gluten substitutes are best like lettuce cups instead of wraps.
4. There’s no risk to following a gluten free diet if you aren’t celiac or gluten sensitive.
5. It’s reported that up to 80% of celiacs go undiagnosed. Symptoms of celiacs diseases and some gluten sensitivities can be bloating, fatigue, flatulence, vomiting, diarrhoea, gas, indigestion, reflux or a combination of these. Sensitivity to gluten can also include headaches, joint aches aches and pains, inflammation, rashes, skin issues, itching, weight loss or gain, lactose intolerance and stomach aches.
If you feel you have an undiagnosed sensitivity or intolerance speak to your dr about your options.
#gettingwisernow #w1cf #gluten #wiser1crossfit #now #juststart #naturalorderwellness #plans #trusttheprocess #12weekchallenge #priorities #goals #fitness #strength #functionaltraining #crossfit #athlete #startingweeksoon #sayyes #mindset #nutrition #fitness #makingtheimpossiblepossible #jumpinfeetfirst #goals #loveyourself #abskeepcomingoutlittlebylittle #anyonecandoit #nutritionmatters #selfcarematters