It's true, I spend more time socializing at meets than I do running 😝. I'm all about the people - the athletes and the fans. These are a few of the peeps who made Saturday so much fun. The others not shown are forever etched in my memory of #TF6ix
1. Started the day with these familiar faces - an outstanding heat of Canadian masters competitors. (We missed you @jamcanrunner
2. Chatted with NACAC #TeamCanada
about our respective races and how thrilled we were to have a major track event in Toronto.
3. Watching Canadian @crysyboo
blaze to bronze in the 100m final was incredible. Two words: turnover goals!
4. Only spoke to @justyn.knight
briefly but it's clear he's a sweetheart as well as one heck of a distance runner.
5. Always enjoy exchanging witty commentary with friend and sports writer, @morganpcampbell
. Check out his coverage of the meet in the Toronto Star.
6. The teammate that won't quit! We're at every meet together. Okay, we're done now, right @mattbeechbum
7. This gem @melissad_rmt
was by my side at my first meet of the year, and at the finish line for this last race of my season. Not to mention all the performance care in between!
8. Then there's my ride or die, fit partner-in-crime, BFF and big sister @nevertoolatebloomer
who is ALWAYS on the scene even if not fully in frame.
9. Yep, mom came out to cheer me on then got in the spirit with a snap in the @cbc.sports
Not Shown: meeting track legends Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Ato Bolden and Carl Lewis. Also, my awesome hubby and daughter who I somehow never got a pic of🤦🏽.