🌟 SAVE THIS RECIPE 👉🏻 Saucy beef madras curry with potatoes + peas🌱 (vegan) .
Using seasoned soya chunks (or alternatives such as mushrooms, kofta balls or beans), this Indian classic gets a vegan spin, with added peas and potatoes for extra oomph. If you have a ready made paste or madras spice pack, even better! .
1. If you’re using dried soya chunks, soak them for 15 minutes in some hot water with a vegan beef stock (I use @inapaarman
) and two tablespoons of vegan Worcestershire sauce such as Maggie Lazenby. Put your rice on the boil. (I add some lentils and rice spice, for extra flavor.)
2. Meanwhile, create a spice paste by combining 5cm stick fresh ginger and 6 cloves garlic (or use 2 tablespoons ready made ginger and garlic paste) with a pack of madras curry paste from the cook in sauce aisle, (or make your own using using this mix https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/hot-madras-curry-powder-174350 ) and 1/2 cup coconut milk. (Can replace coconut milk with rice or soy milk of needed.)
3. Fry two large onions, chopped, along with 10 curry leaves (optional) in a pot with some oil.
4. When golden, add the above spice mixture, stir for a minute or two, till fragrant.
5. Add 2 drained soya chunks, reserving liquid, and add 2 cups of cubed potatoes. Coat all well with spices.
6. Add 125ml can of tomato paste, soya soaking liquid and salt to taste. If potatoes are not fully submerged, additional vegan beef stock, and another tablespoon of vegan Worcestershire sauce. Cover pot with a lid, reduce heat and cook until potatoes are soft. Check for salt seasoning.
7. Add a cup or two of frozen peas, a tablespoon of masala spice, simmer on low heat till peas are warmed through. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander / cilantro, and serve with rice. . . So good 🙌🏻 Follow @swoontastic
on insta for weekly recipes .
#swoontastic #homemadeisbest #vegancurry #vegansofcapetown #southafricanvegan #capetownvegan #plantbasedfoodie #veganfoodpics #veganfoodlover #vegancomfortfood #veganmeal #beefmadras #veganlife
🌱#vegansoftheworld #veganrecipes #madrascurry #plantbasedrecipes #swoontasticrecipes #veganmadras #eatplantsnotanimals #anythingyoucaneaticaneatvegan