Picture perfect macaroons made by @supergolden88
what can you create with aquafaba?!
For your Meatless Monday dinner how about trying this quick + easy weeknight dinner of Curried Tofu With Rice ~ a Taste of Home recipe by Crystal Bruns. The recipe says it makes 4 servings, but I only got 3 out if it. Here's how I made this tasty recipe:
CURRIED TOFU With RICE
1-14oz package extra-firm tofu, drained + cubed
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped 🌱
3 cloves garlic, minced 🌱
1/2 cup light coconut milk 🥥
1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro (I used parsley) 🌿
1 teaspoon curry powder 🌿
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cooked brown rice
1) Cook some brown rice if you don't have any leftover, or use brown Minute rice! Meanwhile, sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt. In a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, saute tofu in oil until lightly browned ~ will take at least 10 minutes; remove + keep warm.
2) In the same skillet, saute onion + garlic for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in coconut milk, cilantro, curry + pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in tofu; heat through. Serve with rice. ENJOY!!!
🌱 Ordered In Mexican food from a local restaurant 😋 Finding vegetarian was so easy (options are everywhere!) , finding vegan you must be a little more creative is all. We asked the manager to please take their fajita veggies and roll an enchilada with them (no cheese) and top with a verde green sauce....served with black beans and rice 😋 Ridiculous 🙌 It was amazing and I bet if we order it enough they’ll add it to the menu as a vegan option 🌱 #bethechangeyouwanttosee
Next time I’m going to ask for spinach rolled with red sauce on top 🤤 Now they unrolled a bit to put on a display plate LOL but my theory is...add chives to anything and it makes it pretty 🙌🤷♀️😄 This should be SUPER easy to copy at home!!! If it was me...I’d fill flour tortillas with sautéed spinach and then roll and place in an olive oiled glass pan. Then top with a red sauce (or good salsa!) and heat for a few minutes in the oven. Then just serve with rice and beans. 👍👍 Easy!!
Our Vegan cheese hamper includes a blue vein cheese called Launceston @artisa.tasmania
and a selection of vegan cheeses from @laudsplantbasedfoods
a Greek style feta and a aged cashew cheese accompanied with a quince paste and Tasmanian walnuts. Follow the link in our bio to see our collection of Vegan cheese hampers
Are those meatballs?
No! It’s rice in a tofu-blanket! 🤩
Australasia was a perfect choice for my sushi-loving boyfriend and me. We shared a vegan sushi starter after which he had normal sushi and I tofu inari with coconut rice. The place was great, very friendly and helpfull staff, great atmosphere and fabulously designed. We only had problems finding the place because the entrance is a small glass pyramid with stairs which take you ‘down under’ 🙈.
I made these delicious Butternut Squash Falafel With Maple Tahini Sauce (swipe to see 2nd photo with sauce) for lunch recently, and I got 25 nice-sized falafel out of the recipe! I ate them in a pita, just cold right out of the fridge as a snack, and in salad form ~ drizzled with the tahini sauce, they make for a nice seasonal lunch 👌 My son and my sister both enjoyed these with me. This healthy, nutritious recipe is from Making Thyme for Health. Here's how I made it:
BUTTERNUT SQUASH FALAFEL With MAPLE TAHINI SAUCE
1/2 cup gluten-free whole rolled oats
1/2 cup pecans
3 cloves garlic, chopped rough 🌱
1/2 of a red onion, diced 🌱
1 heaping cup cooked butternut squash 🌱
1-15oz can garbanzo beans, drain + rinse
1/2 cup fresh parsley, stemmed 🌿
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 🍋
2 teaspoons ground coriander 🌿
2 teaspoons ground cumin 🌿
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the Maple Tahini Sauce:
1/2 cup tahini
1-1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 cup lemon juice 🍋🍋
Water to thin, as needed
Salt, to taste
1) Roast your squash if you don't have any cooked ~ Cut the stem off 1 small squash, slice in half longways, scoop out the seeds. Rub flesh with olive oil, place face down on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake 400F for 30 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool slightly, then scrape out 1 cup flesh for the recipe.
2) Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a food processor, add the oats; blend until a flour forms. Add pecans, garlic + onion; blend until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl with the squash.
3) Add beans + parsley to food processor; blend 15 seconds until finely chopped. Transfer to bowl with squash. Add lemon juice + seasonings. Mix well until combined. Scoop out 1-1/2 tablespoons at a time; roll into a ball, then flatten and shape into small circular patties with your hands. Place onto the baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes.
4) Make the tahini sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk in water a tablespoon at a time until sauce can be drizzled. Add salt to taste. Drizzle over falafel. ENJOY!!!
This hot cinnamon chocolate by @kitchenfae
is perfect for these cold, frosty nights! What can you create with aquafaba?!
I struggled to get a decent photo of this yummy Cranberry Pear Coffee Cake ~ a Taste of Home recipe by Beverly Lovegrove. It's perfect if you're hosting a holiday brunch! I substituted gluten-free flour and used vegan ingredients, but you can use regular baking ingredients. Here's how I made it:
CRANBERRY PEAR COFFEE CAKE
2 cups gluten-free flour blend
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar, divided
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg replacer
3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk (I used organic soy)
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large pear, peel + chop 🍐
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed + chopped 🍒
1 teaspoon grated orange peel 🍊
1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
In a 1-cup glass measure, add milk + vinegar. Let sit a few minutes. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; dust with flour. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, powder + salt. Add vegan buttermilk, egg replacer, vegan butter + vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in pear, cranberries + orange zest. Transfer to pan. Combine brown sugar with remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake 40-45 minutes until done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing sides. Serve warm. ENJOY!!!