Why yes thank you, my holiday dinner tonight totally rocked.
Among other things, two highlights were this salad that I make with wilted lacinato kale, roasted delicata squash and pomegranate. I steam the kale in #acv
. So yummy, and I love the colors.
The second picture is the main dish I finally decided to go with: a vegetarian tian (or tart). I’ve never made one before and I am very pleased with how it turned out: delicata squash, Yukon gold potato, sweet potato and Granny Smith apple. The vegs/fruits sit like fallen dominos in a custard made of heavy cream, many eggs, thyme and happiness. *so* not vegan. . #sorrynotsorry
Thanks for all of the vegetarian recommendations, I can’t wait to try them all!
#holidaydinner #vegetarian #tian #vegetabletart #kale
頑張った1週間の自分を癒して、のんびりモードの自分に切り替えませんか？🌉 窓が大きく開放感のある会場を、色とりどりのランプでゆったりと照らします🌹😌 月明かりと優しいランプの光の中で、身体と気持ちを緩めましょう✴️ ◎日時 12/21（金）19:15～20:30
#ムーンヨガ #YourCue #ヨガ女子会 #vegetabletart #ベジタブルツリー
Forget turkey and Christmas pudding, sprouts deserve their moment in the spotlight too ok? Enter this Winter Greens Galette 🌲 Link in bio, go make it! #hopecooks
In honour of the first day of December, my appropriately festive ‘Winter Greens Galette’ has just gone up on the blog. 🌲 Link in bio, go make it! #hopecooks
Vegetable Swirl Tart
Happy Thanksgiving! I’m so thankful to have all of you around ♥️ Here’s a dish that is just as beautiful and delicious for those who are vegan and those who aren’t can enjoy. ————————————————
For the base:
1 1/4 almond flour
1/3 tapioca starch
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax, 5 Tbsp water. Set aside for 5mins)
3/4 tsp salt
For the filling:
Handful of kale
1 sweet potato (peel and cut into thin slices)
1 zucchini (cut into thin slices)
1 yellow onion (cut into thin slices)
2 small beets (peel and cut into thin slices)
3 Tbsp rosemary
1 russet potato (2 if they’re small)
4 Tbsp vegetable broth
2 Tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp coconut oil
Start with the base:
1) Mix dry ingredients while waiting for flax egg. Add in flax egg and mix until well combined.
2) Grease a tart pan with coconut oil and spread the base evenly on the tart pan. Poke the base with a fork and place it in the freezer for 20mins to chill.
3)Take out and bake for 15mins on 350F.
4) While waiting for the base to chill and bake. Boil the potato.
5) While waiting for potato to boil, heat sauce pan on medium high with a 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp rosemary, place sweet potato in pan and cook until for 15mins or until cooked and tender.
6) do the same thing as step 5 but with the zucchini and beets
7) make caramelized onion
8) take out potato, peel and mash to make mash potato, add in rosemary, 3 tbsp vegetable broth, and black pepper.
9) last but not least, cook kale with 1 Tbsp vegetable broth until wilted. ————————————————
Put a layer of mash potato on the base, then a layer of caramelized onion. Place the rest of the vegetables in a swirl shape and place into oven for 15mins for 350F. Serve and enjoy with gravy or just as it is 😀
#thanksgiving #dinner #thanksgivingdinner #vegetable #tart #vegetabletart
vegetableswirl #vegan #veganfriendly #paleo #glutenfree #healthy #nutritious #beautiful #cameraeatsfirst #fall #fallfood #foodie #eat #yummy #tarte #veganrecipes #vegetarian #itsaprocess
Exciting news! 🌟
I get asked for recipes and healthy tips all the time by people. People without eating difficulties, just people who are interested in food and health. So after mulling over it for a while and now that I have a fully functioning kitchen I have decided to start a supper club! 👩🏻🍳
It’ll be quite small, eight people max, and will start in the new year cos’ nothing happens in January and we need something to look forward to 🤗
Each one will be around a theme, we’ll be eating but also chatting around that theme: nutritional value of what we’re eating, cooking tips and life in general 💚
Now, you tell me: what do you want to discuss first? And what would work best for you: lunch or dinner? Please! 🙏
Throwback to last night’s dinner 🤗
I’m quite partial to nights in when the music isn’t too loud, that you can really catch up, sit down and hang out in your slippers 👵
There were four of us, Prosecco and two yummy vegetable tarts (swipe left 👉)
Walnut and goat’s cheese AND a rose vegetable tart, which I served with a sharp watercress salad 😋
That was a vegetarian feast packed full of goodness showing that vegetables don’t have to be the lame side kick and that they can indeed take centre stage 🌟
I grant you that the rose vegetable one isn’t one you whip up when you get back from work but it’s so beautiful it’s worth spending a bit of time slaving over vegetable peels 😉
Lunch was a no brainer today... 💚
Go fork-free this summer and enjoy a slice of al-fresco flavour on us. Find our camembert and veggie tart recipe in our bio.
Lighter days. Brighter bites.👌 Freshen up your summer menu with this colourful, crowd-pleasing tart. 😋
How trippy is this veggie tart? Eating the 🌈 is super fun with spirals 🌀of zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes, and yellow squash on a bed of sun-dried tomatoes. Get extra groovy with drizzle of Pot d’Huile on top. Recipe up on sousweed.com!
Tapenade, Caramelised Onion, Vegetable & Goats Cheese Filo Tart. Those lovely people at Belazu sent me some of their Green Olive Tapenade. I’ve already used it on chicken and fish and have dunked toasted ciabatta into it. Here it serves as the base to a vegetarian filo tart.
INGREDIENTS for 4:
270g pack filo pastry
3 tbsp Belazu Green Olive Tapenade
2 red onions sliced
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
2 courgettes sliced
2 peppers sliced
100g cherry tomatoes halved
100g soft goats cheese
Add your chopped onions to a frying pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp Maldon Salt and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then add the courgettes.
Line a 30cm x 20cm roasting tray with baking parchment. It’ll make the tart easier to remove when cooked.
Brush each sheet of filo with olive oil and layer the sheets so that they overlap into the roasting tray. I like to keep the filo base a bit rustic!
Spread the tapenade over the base of the filo.
Spoon over the onion, pepper and courgette mixture. Break up the goats cheese and dot it on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the thyme leaves.
Bake the tart in a 180 degree oven for 30 minutes.
#vegetarianrecipes #vegetarian #vegetabletart #meatfreemonday #meatfree #annasonepots #freefrom #lactosefree #healthystarts #healthandwellness #tapenade #roastedvegetables #filotart #goatscheese #gifted
Little things • if you want to encourage your children to eat more vegetables there is no greater way than to entice them with mini portions • these little tarts filled with oven roasted cherry tomatoes and grilled asparagus are a great example • serve simply with a green salad or side of more familiar favourites such as broccoli, carrots or peas • and it’s lovely to be back after a couple of weeks’ break with said little people xxx oh and have to mention how good it is to hear NHS talking about preventative health today! This is the only future for healthcare
I performed a vanishing trick tonight. One minute these were there and the next gone!
Throw together whatever veggies you need to use up. Anything goes!
These tasty tarts make a perfect lunchbox meal or afternoon snack. I served with side salad and baked chicken thighs.
What veggie combo would you use?
See my recipe below:
Vegetable Bacon Feta Tarts
X1 large potato
X1 small eggplant
X1 small brown onion
X1 small tomato
1/2 red capsicum
4-5 rashes bacon
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
X2 cloves garlic
X4-5 leaves of basil
1.5 sheets of puff pastry
Butter for greasing
X3 tbsp olive oil
Small palm size piece of danish feta
1/2 cup grated cheese
1. Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic.
2. Peel and chop the potato into small cubes. Cut the red capsicum, eggplant and set aside with the potato.
3. Cut the zucchini and tomatoes into small pieces setting aside.
4. Finally, roughly chop the bacon into small pieces.
5. In a deep pan/pot heat on medium heat with olive oil and add onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until aromatic.
6. Add in potatoes, eggplant and capsicum. Stir and cook for approximately 7-10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. You may need to add a few tablespoons of water to assist with the cooking. Note, the mixture should not be wet, so don’t add too much liquid.
7. Add the bacon and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Finally add the zucchini & tomatoes with oregano, roughly chopped basil, salt and pepper. Cook for another few minutes.
9. Allow the mixture to cool.
10. Defrost 1.5 sheets of puff pastry.
11. Using cake-tin or muffin trays grease with butter.
12. Preheat oven to 200 deg.
13. Using the lid of a medium size jar, cut out circles to fit the mould to force the base of the mini tarts.
14. Repeat until all the holes are prepped with the pastry.
15. Fill each hole with the vegetable/bacon filling
16. Top with crumbled feta and brayed cheese.
17. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and pastry has browned.
#miniquiche #eggfree #vegetabletart #instafood #foodie #easymeals #hillsdistrict
Dinner last night was a really simple vegetable and bocconcini tart, with kent pumpkin, red onion, tomato, olives, garlic and fresh basil. Dessert (swipe ◀) was honey cardamom poached apple with honeyed @thatsamorecheese
ricotta delicata and fresh basil.
Thanks to @thatsamorecheese
for the gift of some of their ricotta at the Brisbane Good Food and Wine Show yesterday. It was delicious! 😋 #jodysmithcooks #bigcookenergy
This hearty vegetarian dish by chef and food blogger, Katelyn Allegra (@thekatetin
) is a great option for brunch, lunch or a light dinner! For the full recipe, pick up your FREE copy of The Spinneys Guide to Halloween or visit our website: (link in bio!) #HalloweenWithSpinneys