Seriously may be the BEST vegetable recipe I’ve ever shared!! Love the way the hot veggies suck up the marinade - waaaay more effective than marinading BEFORE you cook. .
Tastes like antipasto vegetables, except with way less oil 🙌🏻 Serve this as:
✨ as a side
🧀 on an antipasto or cheese platter
🥪 as a meal with toast smeared with avocado or ricotta
🍝 toss through PASTA! 🍃 grilled veg SALAD! Toss through rocket/arugula or baby spinach 🍳 Make an amazing brekki fry up - or stuff in OMELETTE
🌯 Roll up in tortilla with cheese and grill it - OMG 😱
Save this recipe for for later ❤️
for more! 👨🍳
- 🔥RTE GRILLING WEEK - Recipe #3
Marinated Grilled Vegetables (206 cal per serve, 8 servings)
4 capsicum/bell peppers (I use 2 red, 2 yellow), cut into big pieces
2 red onions, cut into big wedges
1 eggplant , halved lengthwise, then 1.25cm/ 0.5" thick semi circles
2 zucchini , 0.7cm / 1/3" thick slices on diagonal
2 bunches asparagus , ends trimmed
200g/ 7oz button mushrooms
1/4 cup (65ml) extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp each salt and pepper, 3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup parsley , roughly chopped (or chives)
GRILLED VEGETABLE MARINADE (DRESSING):
1/3 cup (85ml) lemon juice, 1/3 cup (85ml) extra virgin olive oil, 2 tsp white sugar, 2 garlic cloves minced, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp each dried basil, parsley, oregano, thyme (Note 2), 1/2 - 1 tsp chilli flakes (adjust spice to taste)
1. Shake Dressing in Jar, set aside 10 min+.
2. Toss veggies in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
3. Preheat BBQ on high. Cook until tender-crisp with edges charred, as follows:
* Asparagus, zucchini - grill 2 min each side
* Capsicum, mushroom, onion - grill 3 min each side
* Eggplant - grill 4 min each side, jab in middle to ensure soft but not soggy!
4. Transfer to very big bowl, pour over Dressing, toss gently, sprinkle with parsley. Leave for 10 min+, serve warm or at room temp. It’s even better the next day! Keeps 4 – 5 days (might need to freshen up with more lemon). .
#grillingideas #BBQMenu #grilledvegetables #BBQvegetables #RTEGrillingWeek