I love incorporating #mindfulness
in my work with patients and majority of my groups are centered around that. One of my favorite activities for leisure groups is coloring. I've found that coloring is not only a great way to allow patients to explore their creativity but also to encourage mindfulness. In my groups, I encourage everyone to color in silence while a relaxing tune plays in the background. Although coloring may seem as just coloring, it can be a #powerful
meditation practice in which the patients are truly in the present-time experience. I encourage the group to be #mindful
of the colors they choose, what it feels like to #color
, the #thoughts
that may come up, #ideas
, and to notice the progression as they fill in their #drawing
! I encourage them to explore and become aware of the #vibrant #colors
that exist within. .
1.Coloring feeds the creative side of your mind.
2. There aren’t any rules. You can color inside the lines, outside the lines, in one color, in dozens of colors
3. Coloring is a calming activity.
4. Coloring lets you nurture your inner artist
5. Coloring provides sweet relief to a brain taxed by too many choices.
6. Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption
7. It’s a #hobby
that can be taken with you wherever you go
I encourage YOU to give coloring a try and explore your own inner colors :) .
#grouptherapy #psychotherapy #therapy #playtime #idea #inspiration #motivation #nami #mentalhealth #awareness #groups #pictureoftheday #photooftheday