Social media inhibits my creativity in the following ways:
1. it steals my time and makes me scroll for longer than I want to, time that I would otherwise devote to developing creative ideas
2. It creates a self consciousness around sharing ideas or content because of how it might be perceived (is this disjointed video of my hand weird??!)
3. It directs my attention to others whose ideas I think are better than mine, thereby inhibiting my desire to generate or share my own ideas
4. It shows me formulaic content that I consciously or unconsciously try to/think I should emulate rather than following my own creative instincts
5. It leads to my spending too much time thinking about what will be popular or gain me more followers, time that I could have spent generating more and better ideas
In what ways does social media inhibit your creativity? Or does it enhance it?
Are you a master researcher? 🤓 I seriously GOOGLE and research EVERYTHING!! Somebody asks a question I don’t know the answer to and I have to Google it. I can’t find a certain pair of shoes on sale- I literally will spend hours, searching sites for a better deal. You too? Believe me, sometimes, it gets to be too much. I know this about myself!!
So when I found out about this whole coaching thing of course, I did what I always do….researched, contemplated, and contemplated it some more! Do you know how much time it took me to commit to actually doing it? 2 YEARS!!!! It is kind of embarrassing, honestly. I look back now and think how dumb of me— look at all the time I wasted just “thinking” about it. UGH!! 🤦♀️
Time does not stand still and I certainly regret the time I “wasted” when I could have been on a path to better health, forming my most treasured friendships and growing a business that I can truly call my own! Seriously, I wish I had that time back!
My point in sharing this, is to let you know:
1. If you are like me “a constant contemplater”— you are not alone!
2. If you are contemplating “something” STOP IT ✋🏻and JUST DO IT! Life does not change, unless YOU change.
3. Sometimes your greatest life is one decision away and if you don’t make it and try, you will never know.
If you have been thinking about a better life or even a business you can call your own, let’s connect. 😘