so this is my schedule for next semester. i will be dropping all but 4-6 of the classes. i am very excited slash scared?? i wanna challenge myself but i don’t want my brain to break. also a lot of them are big ass lectures @ columbia which is hella overwhelming. lemme take u thru the classes i have:
1) elementary spanish 1. i GOT INTO IT! it’s so hard bc so many ppl wanna take it. but i got off the waitlist! definitely taking that bc yo bitch is trying be bilingual. i hope it’s not in the basement of Pupin but i fear it may be :(
2) first year seminar—sustainability. not that jazzed about it but it’s part of the first year experience so i gotta take it :( at least @catherine_robb
is in it w me
3) psychology of drug use and abuse. i probably definitely will not get off the waitlist BUT the professor has amazing culpa reviews and like,, it sounds so interesting?? pray 4 me
4) euro history since 1789: idk sounds p interesting, i like history, might major in it. we shall see how it is.
5) roman art & architecture: i like this time period & already know a lot about it bc i’m a #latinscholar
. but it is at columbia which isn’t supposed to be as good for ahist as nard?? so idk
6) calc 1: if this is a review of AP calc i am pumped to take it. i liked calc but it was hard so reviewing it could be fun/moderately easy. but a lot of ppl say it’s needlessly difficult and so ill probs end up dropping.
7) into compsci & programming in java: i’m not trying be a #womaninstem
but i am trying challenge myself & be smart. i would also like to have to write fewer essays next sem. and one culpa review for this professor said only, “literally hagrid. 11/10” so i mean,, i GOTTA take it
8) renaissance in imperial spain: another ahist class bc vanessa is STILL the loml and i STILL love the subject. this sounds p interesting, although the prof has a v strong french accent so we shall see how i fare.
9) intro to women’s and gender studies: i cannot go to a women’s college and NOT take this at some point. but ill prob drop it bc there r other classes i’m more excited about.
10) psych addictive behaviors: also RLLY WANNA GET OFF THE WAITLIST bc fucc this class sounds hella cool.