Today’s prompt for #BurntOctober
is “About Me”.
1. My name is Julia but, I get called “Auntie” more than my real name. I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews who I’m very close to.
2. I was born in Philadelphia, but my parents/entire family is from West Yorkshire, England. I’m a dual national. I love all things UK! 🇬🇧
3. I absolutely love classic literature and Jane Austen is my favorite author. I also love the Brontës, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I also found out James Fenimore Cooper is my 4th Cousin 6x removed and Beatrix Potter is my 5th Cousin 5x removed. So cool!
4. I have deep Irish ancestry and am descended from Brian Boru, High King of Ireland. 🇮🇪I’ve always had a big passion for all things medieval and Renaissance (especially Viking, War of the Roses, Tudor Dynasty). I have built up quite a library of historical books.
5. The cross/heartbeat symbol and verse from Romans is a tattoo I have on my wrist. I live with Crohn’s disease, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Autonomic Neuropathy, Dysautonomia/POTS, and Secondary Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. I may not have the best genetics but, I have a belief in a sovereign God who is in control of all things. Romans 8:18 is a reminder of this for me.
6. Because I’m also part Scottish and love all things Scot 🏴, I decided to try and learn Scottish Gaelic. I’m slowly teaching myself...very slowly, lol. “Tha i breagha an-diugh” means “it’s lovely today” ☀️and yes, I can pronounce it correctly 😉
7. I love mystery and crime shows, especially British ones! 🕵🏻♂️Sherlock, Broadchurch, Shetland, Father Brown. I also love Criminal Minds and The First 48. I really wish I’d have gone into forensics instead of nursing!
So that’s me! I love how this little last minute plaque came out!
Challenge hosted by @walnuthollow