🎵🎶Sound on for that Yin Bliss🎶🎵 Welcome to Day 1 of our #YinToYourYang
Challenge!!!!In a social media platform dominated by overextension & hyper-mobility, we often forget to balance our intense asana practice w/ gentle movement & stillness. Yin Yoga focuses on the connective tissue so that we can relax our superficial muscles & focus on the deep muscles to promote stretching & flexibility. Over the next 7 days (plus a bonus day) join me & my yin-tastic ladies as we delve into the Yin side (literally) of Yoga.
Day 1: Alternate nostril breathing (Nadi Shodhan Pranayama)
There's a few ways to set up the hands to do this breathwork. I prefer to be in Sukhasana (Easy Seated Posture) w/ my left hand in the Gyan Mudra. My right hand: Index & Middle Finger gently pressed over my third eye. Thumb hovering over the right nostril, Ring Finger hovering over the left nostril. Pinky Finger can be tucked into the palm or extended.
1. Cover the left nostril, inhale through the right
2. Hold the inhale, cover right nostril, exhale through the left
3. Inhale through the left, hold the inhale, cover the left, exhale through the right
4. Inhale through the right, Hold the inhale, cover right nostril, exhale through the left
I love this seated breathing technique for when you're going to do a flow heavy with heart openers and/or twists/binds. If Ujjayi (victorious breath) is already strong in your practice, I recommend practicing this channel clearing breath to help enhance your Yang practice!
Yes I'm in my dog's cabana 🤣❤🐶
Follow the hosts for inspiration!
Pose Line Up 7/22-7/28
1. Alternate nostril breathing✔
2. Childs pose
3. Downward Facing Dog
4. Standing Forward Fold
5. Reclined Bound Angle Pose
6. Legs up the wall
7. Corpse Pose
8. Bonus day - flow it all together
2 winners will receive 1 self care packages full of treats & goodies to pamper themselves & continue to enjoy the yin effect off the mat