I’m far from perfect.
Often it’s so hard to talk about insecurities, it’s the thought of: am I going to look weak if I make myself vulnerable? And my answer is no.
I grew up in a digital world where I’d see girls looking amazing at every hour at every second of the day... but not realising the fact that it was simply from every post. You never know what happened before the person took that photo. I want to say that they were “feeling themselves” (at their best) but that isn’t always the case. Those same people could have been criticising themselves for the way they stand, or the way their face is shaped, their body size, or even the small features such as birthmarks.. things that make you, you.
I often do this to myself and I try to stop those thoughts rushing through, but it still happens. Nobody is perfect.
We all have those negative thoughts on our minds, the ones that tell us we’re not good enough, or we won’t succeed; thrive off those thoughts, don’t drown in them.
Appreciate the fact that you have the power to transform yourself. I sometimes am amazed at the fact that on certain days I truely can not be bothered and wear pj’s all day with hair in a messy bun, pimple cream dotted all over my face and a pack of Doritos - with the option of an apple sitting across from me, of course (doritos win every time) 😅 and on other days I am absolutely driven to dress up in my finest clothing and take on the world with a huge smile. Does the first scenario make me any less - no. Bottom line, you must first love yourself before you can love others.
We all have our moments - love every one last bit of it, as no one is perfect. 😘
#selflove #selfcare #admireyourself #youareamazing
To you: You are amazing. You are loved! Off the top of my head, here’s ten truthful reasons that you’re amazing! If you need more encouragement, I could probably come up with 100 things for each individual person I know. But here’s the 10:
1. God created you. He made the highest mountains, the vast oceans, the sweetest puppies and babies and baby animals, the little caterpillars that turn into miraculous butterflies, and He also made you. With even more thought and consideration than He put into other parts of this great universe.
2. He made you YOU. Just the way you are. He thought of your smile, your eyes, your heart, your mind, and created you with love.
3. You’ve made it this far. You are strong. You’ve overcome obstacles that you might not have thought you could, but you made it to today.
4. In a world where comparison is way too easy, you’ve managed to keep your head up.
5. You are unique. No one else is exactly like you. No one has your smile, or laugh, or life story, and someone somewhere-or maybe many people-love(s) you for those exact reasons.
6. You have a story. A story with ups and downs, laughter and tears, lessons learned and probably heartbreaks. You can share that with others.
7. You have a voice. Whether you use it for good is up to you, but you can share anything to multitudes with just a few clicks or taps, and you have the power to influence and inspire.
8. You are worthy. You will never fully understand or see your worth, but you are so amazing, and loved, and cherished by God, the creator of this world.
9. You make others smile. Whether it’s because you smile, or crack a joke, or do something kind, or maybe something you’re unaware of, you’ve made someone’s day better.
10. You’re liked and loved. Even before you were born, God loved you. Even if you don’t like or love yourself, you are liked and loved. I am amongst the many that care about you, and would definitely pray for you or cheer you on if you needed it.
You are amazing, worthy, liked, inspiring, strong, unique, brave, beautiful, wonderful, and SO LOVED.
For more of God’s truth, read John chapters 10-14💕 (We are the sheep Jesus is talking about)